The Student Room Group

PPLE at the University of Amsterdam - 2021 Applicants

Hi guys,
I applied for PPLE this year during the regular round. The interviews are coming up and I'm getting really nervous so I was wondering if anyone else has applied as well?

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I've applied as well. Do you know if you've passed the second round?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous4567
Hi! I've applied as well. Do you know if you've passed the second round?

I haven't heard anything about the interview round so I'm quite nervous! What about you?
I haven't heard anything either. The interviews are supposed to start next week and I'm slowly losing hope. I feel like they should've contacted us by now to let us know if we got through to the last round... Fingers crossed though
Reply 4
I haven't heard anything either. The interviews are supposed to start next week and I'm slowly losing hope. I feel like they should've contacted us by now to let us know if we got through to the last round... Fingers crossed though

same... they are supposed to start on the 22nd and I still haven't heard anything. Have you heard since?
Original post by Anonymous
same... they are supposed to start on the 22nd and I still haven't heard anything. Have you heard since?

I received an invite to the interview round yesterday! Feeling quite nervous but also super excited. Have you heard back?
how are you all preparing for the interview?
how are you all preparing for the interview?

I'm just reading through my personal statement, my CV, and maybe preparing some short answers. Based on what I've read on past threads concerning PPLE, I think the interview is more of a conversation so I'm not too stressed about it. How are you preparing?
I'm just reading through my personal statement, my CV, and maybe preparing some short answers. Based on what I've read on past threads concerning PPLE, I think the interview is more of a conversation so I'm not too stressed about it. How are you preparing?

Same pretty much, +trying to think of questions to ask them at the end
Same pretty much, +trying to think of questions to ask them at the end

When do you have your interview?
When do you have your interview?

How were your interviews? I have mine today but I haven't received a zoom link. Where did you find it?
I think mine went okay, we’ll have to see though. The zoom link is both in the email and on Calendly. Good luck to you and let us know how your interview went!
I think mine went okay, we’ll have to see though. The zoom link is both in the email and on Calendly. Good luck to you and let us know how your interview went!

Just finished with it. I'm quite nervous to be honest, I don't feel totally happy with how it went because it was so brief. I guess there's nothing to do now except to wait. Good luck, let me know once you've received a reply!!
what kind of question did they ask you guys? Hope it went okay.
Just finished with it. I'm quite nervous to be honest, I don't feel totally happy with how it went because it was so brief. I guess there's nothing to do now except to wait. Good luck, let me know once you've received a reply!!

I'm sure it went better than you think, besides they only interview "those who have a realistic chance of getting in" as they say on their website. I'm sure you've got a good chance! Have you applied to any other programmes?
what kind of question did they ask you guys? Hope it went okay.

I barely remember because of how nervous I was. I think they mainly asked questions about my motivations for the programme, how I would fit in as a student, and how I would deal with the workload etc... Then in turn I had a chance to ask them some questions. The questions weren't difficult to answer or anything
I'm sure it went better than you think, besides they only interview "those who have a realistic chance of getting in" as they say on their website. I'm sure you've got a good chance! Have you applied to any other programmes?

I also applied to PPE in the UK. I'm deciding between UvA (if I get in >.<) and the University of Warwick. What about you?
I also applied to PPE in the UK. I'm deciding between UvA (if I get in >.<) and the University of Warwick. What about you?

I applied to International & European Law at the University of Groningen (also Political Science at UvA but I declined that already) so my choice will be between that and PPLE. At first I was quite set on going to the UK as well but I wanted to have a gap year and the tuiton fee prices went up for EU students so I couldn’t go anymore. :/ Are you from the UK?
I applied to International & European Law at the University of Groningen (also Political Science at UvA but I declined that already) so my choice will be between that and PPLE. At first I was quite set on going to the UK as well but I wanted to have a gap year and the tuiton fee prices went up for EU students so I couldn’t go anymore. :/ Are you from the UK?

I'm a student in Asia but I have an EU passport so yeah... I feel you on the tuition fee. To be honest I'm still doing research on the schools I applied to and see which one is the best fit. I really want to get into PPLE though! I think we have to wait for another week-ish and we will know. Good luck and definitely let me know if you get in/are going!

I just got in!!! Have you guys heard back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending