How to lose Weight?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've gained a lot of weight in the last three months and am really struggling with body image. What are the easiest ways of loosing weight? (I've tried skipping meals lol but I ended up just snacking! Also I know that really unhealthy but I was just so upset about going up two dress sizes.)
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The only way to do it is to create a calorie deficit, you can do that by either cutting the amount of calories or increasing your exercise, it's probably useful to do both a little bit at a time.
musicalrose
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go for runs!!! Honestly can't stress enough- when you start it will feel awful, but just get over the initial hurdle and then your body positivity will defo improve I used to hate running- was never very good at any sports or anything, but now they keep me sane honestly. Also you need to eat decent meals- DON'T skip them out. Try making the biggest proportion of your meal veg, then meat/protein, then a few carbs. Anything like this will feel rubbish when you first start, basically bc your body doesn't want to do it, but you should begin to feel better about yourself pretty soon! Don't fall into the massive rabbit hole that is diet culture- it's a trap that will never work if you take it to extremes.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by musicalrose)
Go for runs!!! Honestly can't stress enough- when you start it will feel awful, but just get over the initial hurdle and then your body positivity will defo improve I used to hate running- was never very good at any sports or anything, but now they keep me sane honestly. Also you need to eat decent meals- DON'T skip them out. Try making the biggest proportion of your meal veg, then meat/protein, then a few carbs. Anything like this will feel rubbish when you first start, basically bc your body doesn't want to do it, but you should begin to feel better about yourself pretty soon! Don't fall into the massive rabbit hole that is diet culture- it's a trap that will never work if you take it to extremes.
Thank you for your reply ! What sort of thing do you wear when you go out running? I literally only have jeans so I want to make sure I'm wearing something right and that will help me and motivate me to do it. That I also feel comfortable in?
musicalrose
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for your reply ! What sort of thing do you wear when you go out running? I literally only have jeans so I want to make sure I'm wearing something right and that will help me and motivate me to do it. That I also feel comfortable in?
Just by some decent running bottoms and a decent sports-bra, you can find stuff like that cheap in decathlon if you’ve got one close-by. Also depending on how far you plan on running, it’s always worth investing a little bit more in decent running trainers that support your ankles and feet properly otherwise, like when i first started, you might have some trouble with blisters and such
Nadxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Track your calories on MyFitnessPal (it should work out how much you should be eating to lose weight if you put in your height etc) and workout atleast 30 mins a day. This is what I did to lose weight and wasn’t hard either, just gotta be motivated and not give up x

I would follow YouTube videos and workout in my living room btw coz I was too self conscious to go outside or to the gym
Last edited by Nadxx; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (78)
27.86%
England (94)
33.57%
Belgium (23)
8.21%
Germany (36)
12.86%
Spain (3)
1.07%