The Student Room Group

annoyed that a level grades won't be fair

I had a physics exam today that I spent most of Easter revising for as physics is probably my weakest a level.

I found the test quite challenging as we have never actually done paper 3 before. I then reassured myself that if I found it hard other people Will as well and the grade boundaries won't be too high so its fine. but I was kinda confused when people said it was actually alright I was like wow am I actually that dumb.

When we left the exam a kid from my class pulls out the mark scheme and I ask how they got it and he said he bought it off someone online and sent it to everyone else in the class. My heart literally dropped because I realised that everyone in the class had access to the mark scheme - except me.

I worked so hard to do well in physics and now as we are basically competing with each other (since out teacher is giving out grades) I am probably going to be getting one of the lowest grades and I wasted so much time revising for nothing.

it just sucks really theres nothing I can do but I just had to vent somewhere

Scroll to see replies

Omgggggggg this is so true!
Report him
Original post by Anonymous
I had a physics exam today that I spent most of Easter revising for as physics is probably my weakest a level.

I found the test quite challenging as we have never actually done paper 3 before. I then reassured myself that if I found it hard other people Will as well and the grade boundaries won't be too high so its fine. but I was kinda confused when people said it was actually alright I was like wow am I actually that dumb.

When we left the exam a kid from my class pulls out the mark scheme and I ask how they got it and he said he bought it off someone online and sent it to everyone else in the class. My heart literally dropped because I realised that everyone in the class had access to the mark scheme - except me.

I worked so hard to do well in physics and now as we are basically competing with each other (since out teacher is giving out grades) I am probably going to be getting one of the lowest grades and I wasted so much time revising for nothing.

you need to tell your teacher, that isn’t fair at all
Reply 4
Report him

the whole class had access to the markscheme.... I cant tell on everyone...

OMG what! You need to tell them. Or is there some student support teacher that you can ask to tell the teacher so it isnt you directly?
Maybe write an email to your head of year or tutor expressing your worry and concern- this isnt fair because those papers were locked for a reason and now theyve got an unfair advantage.
Youve got to remember that this is YOUR education and YOUR future. Its ok to put yourself first sometimes
the whole class had access to the markscheme.... I cant tell on everyone...

Your teacher will probably notice but you MUST tell - it's your future
Original post by Muttley79
Your teacher will probably notice but you MUST tell - it's your future

What would you do in this situation:
We had a test today and it was a section of the 2020 paper and alot of people found the paper 'easy'because theyve already seen the questions but others havent??
You must tell them. Otherwise you’ll get a lower grade and not get into your fav uni. You’re only ruining chances for yourself.
What would you do in this situation:
We had a test today and it was a section of the 2020 paper and alot of people found the paper 'easy'because theyve already seen the questions but others havent??

You need to tell - I'm a teacher and will spot this but schools are being a bit naive to give these papers imho.
You need to tell - I'm a teacher and will spot this but schools are being a bit naive to give these papers imho.

They really are!

Depending on the exam board, then actually it's not surprising. All UK exam boards have released assessment materials for teachers to use to create assessments. Much of this is past paper material and the materials supplied to teachers to create these assessments have been released on exam board websites for anyone to access.
Tell your school. As someone else further up said, this is your education and your future. If other people have chosen to cheat then they will just have to pay the consequences, at 17/18 years old they should know better.
What the actual ****? They actively chose to exclude you from their cheat ring just to **** you over?

I'd report it anyway, but normally I could understand not wanting to snitch. In this case however, all bets are off. Report the whole lot to the school, and if they do nothing to the exam board.

"I can't tell on everyone" Oh yeah? Why not? 6ix9ine these *******s
(edited 3 years ago)
This is so disgusting, and so unfair and to think they’re claiming we’ll have better grades than if we actually sat the exams
Original post by Filthy Communist
What the actual ****? They actively chose to exclude you from their cheat ring just to **** you over?

I'd report it anyway, but normally I could understand not wanting to snitch. In this case however, all bets are off. Report the whole lot to the school, and if they do nothing to the exam board.

"I can't tell on everyone" Oh yeah? Why not? 6ix9ine these *******s

I find it incredibly unfair, the fact that you can buy papers online, the fact that people have cheated all year so have a good grade average they don’t deserve, I’ve seen on tiktok people bragging about cheating, it’s such a big issue this year and exam boards just don’t care.

This happened with one of my biology papers and the grade boundaries sky rocketed, luckily I still got an Α but the girl next to me that was obviously cheating got an A*, it’s ridiculous and unfair, especially since papers are being sold online, I’m so glad my school are making their own papers and have made so many variants
Depending on the exam board, then actually it's not surprising. All UK exam boards have released assessment materials for teachers to use to create assessments. Much of this is past paper material and the materials supplied to teachers to create these assessments have been released on exam board websites for anyone to access.

There is other secure stuff schools could use ..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending