The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL/Manchester vs Old IITs for Physics

How do you think UCL and Manchester compare to the old IITs like IIT Bombay and IIT Kanpur for physics in undergrad, first considering money then not considering money? Assume for a student from an (upper?) middle-class family in India.
Original post by Anonymous
How do you think UCL and Manchester compare to the old IITs like IIT Bombay and IIT Kanpur for physics in undergrad, first considering money then not considering money? Assume for a student from an (upper?) middle-class family in India.

I’d say go for IITs because IITB is actually really good. However, if you’re getting UCL, try for imperial also... Imperial>> IITB>> UCL>> IITK (my opinion)
(edited 3 years ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Doctor_Wormhole
I’d say go for IITs because IITB is actually really good. However, if you’re getting UCL, try for imperial also... Imperial>> IITB>> UCL>> IITK (my opinion)

Hmm that makes sense. I've already gotten a conditional offer from UCL but I didn't apply to Imperial. Other than Science I like music and literature/philosophy too and I wasn't sure if I'd get that at Imperial, and the tuition fee is higher? Probably should've applied to Imperial too but it's gone now.
Original post by Anonymous
Hmm that makes sense. I've already gotten a conditional offer from UCL but I didn't apply to Imperial. Other than Science I like music and literature/philosophy too and I wasn't sure if I'd get that at Imperial, and the tuition fee is higher? Probably should've applied to Imperial too but it's gone now.

Did you get into Bombay? IIT madras is also good for maths and physics
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Doctor_Wormhole
Did you get into Bombay? IIT madras is also good for maths and physics

Oh no JEE Advanced will happen on 3rd July, unless it's postponed, so will see then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending