The Student Room Group

A100 International Students 2022 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

I Study Eng ,chem , bio, phy and ip at a CBSE level and I’m curious if all these will be consider when I’m applying for med school for a 2022 entry?
Original post by Iman Warsame
I Study Eng ,chem , bio, phy and ip at a CBSE level and I’m curious if all these will be consider when I’m applying for med school for a 2022 entry?

Well I don't know about UK requirements but you can apply in europe/elsewhere just by doing biology and chemistry. Might be worth looking into :biggrin:
Original post by Sarahp2000
Well I don't know about UK requirements but you can apply in europe/elsewhere just by doing biology and chemistry. Might be worth looking into :biggrin:

Oh okay thanks anyway

Hi Yes, most of the UK Medical School accept CBSE grade 12th as Entry Requirement. However, pls check on the website for Cambridge, Imperial, UCL & Oxford. I'm not sure about these Med. School. Kings would require 90% overall in CBSE 12th , whereas other Medical School require 85% in Grade 12th as minimum entry requirement. PCB & IP subjects should meet the requirement if these Med.School. Prepare for UCAT & try to score above 95 percentile to receive an interview offer from Kings as an international applicant & SJT Band 1, although year 2021 was highly competitive year applicant with 94 percentile SJT 2 couldn't get an interview offer from Kings.

for the past few years I have been studying at an Indian school outside of the UK and now that I'm that I'm close to graduating school I'm confused on how I can apply to universities in the UK .I am a British citizen and I have scored a 90% in my grade 10 CBSE exams. I want to apply for medicine at the following universities ;- Keele University -Anglia Ruskin-Kings collage London -St George university basically what I'm tryna say is do theses Unis accept CBSE , do I have to pay internationals fee , if they do accept CBSE what are my other requirements and when should I apply ?

Hi!

A couple of things; firstly, different unis have different requirements. Some will require an overall average across your three relevant subjects, or an average across all five subjects. Other times, unis will require specific grades in each subject (ex. 95% in Chemistry, 90% in Biology, 90% in third subject). Hence this is very much uni dependent and so you should always check with the uni before you apply.

Secondly, fee status is again a little more complex because British citizenship alone does not grant you fee status as home. I believe you need to be ordinarily residing for the three years preceding your year of entry.

Now for the unis you have mentioned:

Keele:
https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/howtoapply/medicineosqualificationsforentry/#india

Anglia Ruskin: Contact Admissions to see requirements

St George’s: 90% overall and in Bio / Chem
https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/life-at-st-georges/international-student-support/international-qualifications

King’s College: 90% overall

Go to each university’s website and scroll down to entry requirements, and then click on international qualifications. There usually is a drop down / list and if you choose India they will often tell you the required entry requirements.

Lastly, don’t restrict yourself to med schools this early. A lot of it would depend on your UCAT score and your performance in Grade 10.
Original post by Smatthew
Hi Yes, most of the UK Medical School accept CBSE grade 12th as Entry Requirement. However, pls check on the website for Cambridge, Imperial, UCL & Oxford. I'm not sure about these Med. School. Kings would require 90% overall in CBSE 12th , whereas other Medical School require 85% in Grade 12th as minimum entry requirement. PCB & IP subjects should meet the requirement if these Med.School. Prepare for UCAT & try to score above 95 percentile to receive an interview offer from Kings as an international applicant & SJT Band 1, although year 2021 was highly competitive year applicant with 94 percentile SJT 2 couldn't get an interview offer from Kings.

I can confirm that Oxbridge & Imperial accept CBSE, however for Medicine it appears UCL does not.
Original post by qwert7890
I can confirm that Oxbridge & Imperial accept CBSE, however for Medicine it appears UCL does not.

Ok thank you.

For all internationals interested in UCL Medicine... I believe you have to either be taking the IB or international A levels/UK qualifications, HKDSE, pretty much no exceptions the last time I checked.
Original post by Lovebear2951
For all internationals interested in UCL Medicine... I believe you have to either be taking the IB or international A levels/UK qualifications, HKDSE, pretty much no exceptions the last time I checked.

It’s weird because they accept alternative qualifications for almost all other courses but medicine.
Hi!

A couple of things; firstly, different unis have different requirements. Some will require an overall average across your three relevant subjects, or an average across all five subjects. Other times, unis will require specific grades in each subject (ex. 95% in Chemistry, 90% in Biology, 90% in third subject). Hence this is very much uni dependent and so you should always check with the uni before you apply.

Secondly, fee status is again a little more complex because British citizenship alone does not grant you fee status as home. I believe you need to be ordinarily residing for the three years preceding your year of entry.

Now for the unis you have mentioned:

Keele:
https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/howtoapply/medicineosqualificationsforentry/#india

Anglia Ruskin: Contact Admissions to see requirements

St George’s: 90% overall and in Bio / Chem
https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/life-at-st-georges/international-student-support/international-qualifications

King’s College: 90% overall

Go to each university’s website and scroll down to entry requirements, and then click on international qualifications. There usually is a drop down / list and if you choose India they will often tell you the required entry requirements.

Lastly, don’t restrict yourself to med schools this early. A lot of it would depend on your UCAT score and your performance in Grade 10.

Thank you so much .. this is very well appreciated
It’s weird because they accept alternative qualifications for almost all other courses but medicine.

That is true! And all other universities, even Oxbridge Medicine accept more qualifications than UCL! Kinda odd how I could apply to Oxbridge medicine but not to UCL?
It's just odd that they would accept less qualifications, and also UCL is odd in the sense that I'm pretty sure its the only one that reads more about like PS, GCSE in arts, etc than other medical schools.

Also, I didn't meant for Oxbridge as a benchmark, more as in their requirements for things are generally higher (eg. requiring A*A*A), and not accepting many types of qualifications alone, so it is quite odd that UCL is stricter than Oxbridge in the qualifications regard.
(edited 2 years ago)
for the past few years I have been studying at an Indian school outside of the UK and now that I'm that I'm close to graduating school I'm confused on how I can apply to universities in the UK .I am a British citizen and I have scored a 90% in my grade 10 CBSE exams. I want to apply for medicine at the following universities ;- Keele University -Anglia Ruskin-Kings collage London -St George university basically what I'm tryna say is do theses Unis accept CBSE , do I have to pay internationals fee , if they do accept CBSE what are my other requirements and when should I apply ?

Hi @Iman Warsame! So glad to see that you are considering Keele!

I can see that your question about the entry requirements have been answered in a previous response. I just wanted to jump in to let you know that you can find information about the tuition fee status on here- https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Fees-and-Money/England-fee-status#layer-6084
As for your question on the application deadline, it looks like the School of Medicine has not confirmed when the application deadline for 2022 entry would be. However I would recommend keeping an eye on the Keele webpage for updates- https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/howtoapply/#admissions-overview

I hope I have answered your questions. If you have any other questions about Keele, please don't hesitate to ask me on here :smile:
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1
Hi @Iman Warsame! So glad to see that you are considering Keele!

I can see that your question about the entry requirements have been answered in a previous response. I just wanted to jump in to let you know that you can find information about the tuition fee status on here- https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Fees-and-Money/England-fee-status#layer-6084
As for your question on the application deadline, it looks like the School of Medicine has not confirmed when the application deadline for 2022 entry would be. However I would recommend keeping an eye on the Keele webpage for updates- https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/howtoapply/#admissions-overview

I hope I have answered your questions. If you have any other questions about Keele, please don't hesitate to ask me on here :smile:

Thank you so much .. this means a lot ❤️❤️
Thank you so much ., this means a lot❤️
Thank you so much .. this means a lot ❤️❤️

Not a problem at all! If you have any other questions regarding Keele, please don't hesitate to ask me on here! :smile:
Is cbse grading recognised in uk universities for undergrad studies in medicine right now if i want to apply for 2022 class? i.e sending my application to UCAS this year by 15th october 2021

Please advise and thanks in advance!
Is cbse grading recognised in uk universities for undergrad studies in medicine right now if i want to apply for 2022 class? i.e sending my application to UCAS this year by 15th october 2021

Original post by Eka Narayan

Yes most medical schools should accept CBSE qualifications barring a few (ex. UCL).
Yes most medical schools should accept CBSE qualifications barring a few (ex. UCL).

Thanks a lot! This was a great help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending