The Student Room Group

DWP work coach reserve list April21

I have a provisional offer for a work coach position and it sounds like that means I'm on a reserve list until July. Just wondering if people are being pulled from the list/how long they are waiting to hear anything. A bit stuck as to whether I wait it out until I hear from dwp or go for a different job offer

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you search 'work coach reserve list' into the search bar you'll find many different experiences.

The truth is it entirely depends on the area and locations you've applied for. I saw a post today from someone that said they had a call 5 months later offering a job after being on the reserve list. Others get a call a week later. It really depends on your area and what they need

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but hope. Apparently the recruitment team arent very helpful in aiding this kind of enquiry.
Reply 2
Original post by jessie97
If you search 'work coach reserve list' into the search bar you'll find many different experiences.

The truth is it entirely depends on the area and locations you've applied for. I saw a post today from someone that said they had a call 5 months later offering a job after being on the reserve list. Others get a call a week later. It really depends on your area and what they need

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but hope. Apparently the recruitment team arent very helpful in aiding this kind of enquiry.

Thanks, it's so hard to know what to do! Would feel really bad accepting another job and letting them down if I get the DWP role. And equally as bad if I don't take the other job and then don't get the DWP role either
Reply 3
Original post by Rose1993
Thanks, it's so hard to know what to do! Would feel really bad accepting another job and letting them down if I get the DWP role. And equally as bad if I don't take the other job and then don't get the DWP role either

You have to be selfish and think what's best for you. Being on the DWP reserve list is no guarantee of being called up, but it remains a possibility.

It's also worth remembering that the DWP contract is for 12 months only. Will they still need all 10,000+ new work coaches in 12 months time? It seems unlikely.

I would probably accept the other offer, and then if the DWP come calling then consider my options.
Reply 4
Original post by jessie97
You have to be selfish and think what's best for you. Being on the DWP reserve list is no guarantee of being called up, but it remains a possibility.

It's also worth remembering that the DWP contract is for 12 months only. Will they still need all 10,000+ new work coaches in 12 months time? It seems unlikely.

I would probably accept the other offer, and then if the DWP come calling then consider my options.

Thank you! I think that's my plan.

I don't like letting people down but like you said you have to do what's best for you.
Reply 5
I have a provisional offer for a work coach position and it sounds like that means I'm on a reserve list until July. Just wondering if people are being pulled from the list/how long they are waiting to hear anything. A bit stuck as to whether I wait it out until I hear from dwp or go for a different job offer

I would suggest to not rely on DWP until you get a formal offer/contract. Unfortunately I had not looked on here during my own application process to see other people's experiences with the reserve list and had declined other job offers when I had reached the pre-employment checks stage (thinking I had bagged the job) but I was placed on the reserve and its been just under 3 weeks since then
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by nyy3004
I would suggest to not rely on DWP until you get a formal offer/contract. Unfortunately I had not looked on here during my own application process to see other people's experiences with the reserve list and had declined other job offers when I had reached the pre-employment checks stage (thinking I had bagged the job) but I was placed on the reserve and its been just under 3 weeks since then

It's been 2-3weeks for me too. I'm just waiting for pre employment checks to be done for another offer and I'm still applying/interviewing so it looks like I might be in a different role if/when DWP get back to me. Then I'll have to weigh up my options and potentially let someone down if I want the work coach position. It's annoying that they leave you in limbo like this
Reply 7
It's been 2-3weeks for me too. I'm just waiting for pre employment checks to be done for another offer and I'm still applying/interviewing so it looks like I might be in a different role if/when DWP get back to me. Then I'll have to weigh up my options and potentially let someone down if I want the work coach position. It's annoying that they leave you in limbo like this

It’s such a horrible waiting game isn’t it, especially at a time when jobs are beginning to pick up again and having to weigh out other options. Good luck with your other offer and hopefully we’ll hear good news from DWP soon
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by nyy3004
It’s such a horrible waiting game isn’t it, especially at a time when jobs are beginning to pick up again and having to weigh out other options. Good luck with your other offer and hopefully we’ll hear good news from DWP soon

Really horrible, so stressful wondering if/when they will be in touch! Fingers crossed its not too long!
Has anyone heard anything recently? I’ve applied for 2 different ones. Have heard I’m on the reserve list for one and not heard anything from the other. They let me know I had passed everything over 2 weeks ago - the wait is killing me 🙈 x x
Reply 10
Original post by Aburton86
Has anyone heard anything recently? I’ve applied for 2 different ones. Have heard I’m on the reserve list for one and not heard anything from the other. They let me know I had passed everything over 2 weeks ago - the wait is killing me 🙈 x x

Hey, yes I got my call on Tuesday and a formal offer then my contract yesterday. I was waiting for 2 and a half weeks so hang in there, the wait feels like forever but hope you hear back soon x
Original post by nyy3004
Hey, yes I got my call on Tuesday and a formal offer then my contract yesterday. I was waiting for 2 and a half weeks so hang in there, the wait feels like forever but hope you hear back soon x

Thank you for your reply! Congratulations too :smile: hopefully I won’t be waiting too much longer 🤞🏻 Was it 2 and a half weeks after you heard you had passed everything or were you put on the reserve list if you don’t mind me asking? Cx
Reply 12
Thank you for your reply! Congratulations too :smile: hopefully I won’t be waiting too much longer 🤞🏻 Was it 2 and a half weeks after you heard you had passed everything or were you put on the reserve list if you don’t mind me asking? Cx

Thank you! So I heard that I had passed my checks and on that same day I was placed on the reserve list. So it was a waiting game ever since then xx
Reply 13

Hey yes I heard yesterday too. Got offered a place in Wakefield, a bit of a commute but I'm happy! Think I was put on the reserve list maybe 3 weeks ago, before I passed all the checks. Good luck!
Hey yes I heard yesterday too. Got offered a place in Wakefield, a bit of a commute but I'm happy! Think I was put on the reserve list maybe 3 weeks ago, before I passed all the checks. Good luck!

That is fab, well done!
I know I have passed my health and references already but I am wondering why I haven’t heard back from Durham and North Tees application when I have been put on the reserve list for North Yorkshire and Humber. Am wondering if I haven’t made the reserve list for this location and they don’t let you know if you haven’t? The waiting is driving me crazy - I just wish I knew one way or another now x x
Reply 15
That is fab, well done!
I know I have passed my health and references already but I am wondering why I haven’t heard back from Durham and North Tees application when I have been put on the reserve list for North Yorkshire and Humber. Am wondering if I haven’t made the reserve list for this location and they don’t let you know if you haven’t? The waiting is driving me crazy - I just wish I knew one way or another now x x

I'm sure you will hear back, it's just a case of when! It's a very frustrating process!
Hi, when they called you was it on a private number? Just wondering as I had a private number call whilst driving yesterday and just missed another one 20 minutes ago. And congratulations x
Reply 17
Original post by Lildot49
Hi, when they called you was it on a private number? Just wondering as I had a private number call whilst driving yesterday and just missed another one 20 minutes ago. And congratulations x

They didn't call, got an email. It could be though, different areas/managers might do things differently 🤷*♀️
They didn't call, got an email. It could be though, different areas/managers might do things differently 🤷*♀️

Oh ok thanks. Probably something completely different but cause I'm waiting to hear something my ears pricked up lol.
Reply 19
Original post by Lildot49
Oh ok thanks. Probably something completely different but cause I'm waiting to hear something my ears pricked up lol.

Haha you never know. I've become a bit obsessed with checking my emails, still checking them all the time even after getting the offer haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending