The Student Room Group

How old do you need to be to go watch a court case?

How old do you need to be to go watch someone’s court case to just see everything happening and how the court works etc when I search up online it doesn’t really give an answer so was wondering if anyone on here knows?
Are you planning to come alone, with other people and include at least one adult in the group? :confused:
What type of court (county court, crown court, magistrates court, old bailey, supreme court).
Reply 2
Minimum age for access to the Public Gallery at the Central Criminal Court (Old Bailey) is 14; the same applies to the Royal Courts of Justice.

Anyone under 16 has to be accompanied by an adult.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
I have some crown courts and magistrates courts along with county courts near me so for them types of courts and how would it work out do you just turn up and try to find something to go in to listen and watch or do you have to do it online or bring anything with you like ID?
Reply 4
Note that there is some live streaming of hearings in the Court of Appeal (Civil Division).

https://www.judiciary.uk/you-and-the-judiciary/going-to-court/court-of-appeal-home/the-court-of-appeal-civil-division-live-streaming-of-court-hearings/

You will probably find the Judiciary's YouTube Channel interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi3XytDJY8a3I9_vL7A_5SQ
Reply 5
Thank you I will check them out. But would I need to be 16 or 18 in order to go alone to them courts I listed to go watch a case and would you just turn up or do you have to do something beforehand?
Reply 6
How would I turn up to go watch a court can I see the cases that will be on that day online or anything or do I just turn up and see if their is anything?
Reply 7
Original post by Hailey629
How would I turn up to go watch a court can I see the cases that will be on that day online or anything or do I just turn up and see if their is anything?

Old case.
Reply 8
Original post by Adam51
Old case.

Sorry what do you mean by old case?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending