The Student Room Group

Blood glucose question a level

How does high blood glucose concentration cause heart disease?
Original post by sara.m12
How does high blood glucose concentration cause heart disease?

Does it? I don’t think there’s a direct causal link between high blood glucose conc. and heart disease.

However yes, prolonged periods of high glucose conc. can lead to other things like diabetes or obesity which are linked to heart disease.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by qwert7890
Does it? I don’t think there’s a direct causal link between high blood glucose conc. and heart disease.

However yes, prolonged periods of high glucose conc. can lead to other things like diabetes or obesity which are linked to heart disease.

Yes I don’t think there is a causal link but I just wanted to know y ppl who have diabetes have a higher risk of developing coronary heart diseases. Do u know y that is?
Original post by sara.m12
Yes I don’t think there is a causal link but I just wanted to know y ppl who have diabetes have a higher risk of developing coronary heart diseases. Do u know y that is?

From what I can see online, it seems that it damages blood vessels and tends to decrease their elasticity, so that it narrows. This can often link to reduced supply of oxygen to the heart and, it can cause high blood pressure which is also a risk factor for diabetes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending