The Student Room Group

Unit 3: Engineering product design and manufacture Part a

It seems I've been given a past paper as an assignment and was wondering if anyone would share the main problem with the bracket or even the answers :smile: ('design a bracket for a modular induction system' is the main question)
Original post by A404
It seems I've been given a past paper as an assignment and was wondering if anyone would share the main problem with the bracket or even the answers :smile: ('design a bracket for a modular induction system' is the main question)

The thing about the Engineering Unit 3 exam is that there are no real "right" or "wrong" answers. The exam is testing your ability to create and follow a specification given a brief. You are told the main problems in Part B if I recall correctly, though from Part A you should be able to begin to see what possible issues there could be.

Of course, the exam wants a solution that would work for the task, but what's more important is the explanation of your decision-making. Explain why you've made your solution the shape you have, why that material? And beyond that, what are the limitations of your own solution? The paper is set out like a project, split into 5 tasks, and detailed work in all of these is important. They don't just want to know what you're doing, but also why you're doing it.
Original post by A404

hey, i've recently got this as an assignment as well, how much have you wrote so far?

Quick Reply

Latest