The Student Room Group

Business Studies 9 marker internal vs external recruitment

Could someone mark my Business Studies 9 marker on internal vs external recruitment?

One advantage of internal recruitment is that it is a more informed process than external recruitment. This is because the candidate will have been known for a while meaning a more skilful shop manager. This also means that you know whether or not they are a cultural fit for your company. If they love working for Bailey’s sweet shop, this means they are a motivated employee. This leads to retention of staff which means that Bailey will not need to find someone else to replace them in (for example) a few months.

Another advantage of internal recruitment is that it is a faster process of recruiting than using external recruitment. This is because there is no need for an external, long-winded process of going on the internet, advertising the role and using recruitment agencies. This leads to productivity starting sooner as the candidate will be quickly moved and can start working straight away.

One advantage of external recruitment is that Bailey has a larger pool of workers compared to using internal recruitment where he only has his employees. This is because Bailey can use the press or recruitment agencies to find the best candidate for the job. This leads to finding a candidate that has a cultural fit with Bailey’s sweet shop. Therefore, the candidate will stay longer as the candidate suits the business very well and does the job the best.

Another advantage of external recruitment is that the candidate may have fresh ideas. This is because they can bring more innovation and creativity to the business. This leads to improved products and operational process. Therefore, revenue can be increased and costs can be minimised.

Overall, I think that Bailey should recruit internally as it is a cheap and quick way of recruiting and the candidate will have been known very well so Bailey can be reassured that the shop manager will be skilled and know what they are doing. This leads to productivity starting sooner and revenue quickly being made.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Adzino98
Could someone mark my Business Studies 9 marker on internal vs external recruitment?

One advantage of internal recruitment is that it is a more informed process than external recruitment. This is because the candidate will have been known for a while meaning a more skilful shop manager. This also means that you know whether or not they are a cultural fit for your company. If they love working for Bailey’s sweet shop, this means they are a motivated employee. This leads to retention of staff which means that Bailey will not need to find someone else to replace them in (for example) a few months.

Another advantage of internal recruitment is that it is a faster process of recruiting than using external recruitment. This is because there is no need for an external, long-winded process of going on the internet, advertising the role and using recruitment agencies. This leads to productivity starting sooner as the candidate will be quickly moved and can start working straight away.

One advantage of external recruitment is that Bailey has a larger pool of workers compared to using internal recruitment where he only has his employees. This is because Bailey can use the press or recruitment agencies to find the best candidate for the job. This leads to finding a candidate that has a cultural fit with Bailey’s sweet shop. Therefore, the candidate will stay longer as the candidate suits the business very well and does the job the best.

Another advantage of external recruitment is that the candidate may have fresh ideas. This is because they can bring more innovation and creativity to the business. This leads to improved products and operational process. Therefore, revenue can be increased and costs can be minimised.

Overall, I think that Bailey should recruit internally as it is a cheap and quick way of recruiting and the candidate will have been known very well so Bailey can be reassured that the shop manager will be skilled and know what they are doing. This leads to productivity starting sooner and revenue quickly being made.

I am not familiar with GCSE business but I do A Level. I would suggest that rather doing 2 advantages of each recruitment process to do one advantage and one disadvantage. They can't mirror eachother and say the opposite but there are evaluation marks that requires you to look at positives and negatives of each factor. Also first point of external has the same analysis of your internal recruitment so I would just used the second point and expand it more/ Hope that helps:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by stella12345
I am not familiar with GCSE business but I do A Level. I would suggest that rather doing 2 advantages of each recruitment process to do one advantage and one disadvantage. They can't mirror eachother and say the opposite but there are evaluation marks that requires you to look at positives and negatives of each factor. Also first point of external has the same analysis of your internal recruitment so I would just used the second point and expand it more/ Hope that helps:smile:

This helps a lot. Thank you very much. I remember my teacher saying that you can use 2 advantages instead of pro and con but I'm not sure which to do.
(edited 2 years ago)
It depends what the question asks... If it asks for advantages then it must be 2 positives (in A Level we have to evaluate so do cons of these but as ur teacher has said there is no need then it is up to you), same with negatives, but if it is assess then it is asking for positive and negative points

Quick Reply

Latest