Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
stonks.jpeg
if you do, share some tips/advice😌
not stocks but have invested some money into crypto
Original post by Chowderzzz
not stocks but have invested some money into crypto

Nice, how was that for you?
No, but on the chance that I win the lottery, I may invest in an uprising company, in order to remain rich.
It depends how you do it. If you go for secure long-term investments, particularly into funds rather that individual companies, you won't get stonkin' rich but can build up a nice pot to supplement your pension with. If you go for short-term buying and selling with day traders you have to put a lot in to get a lot out. Money is made from volatile markets and it's risky if you don't know what you're doing, its risky even if you do know what you're doing. Win big, loose big...
Original post by lol.yolo
It depends how you do it. If you go for secure long-term investments, particularly into funds rather that individual companies, you won't get stonkin' rich but can build up a nice pot to supplement your pension with. If you go for short-term buying and selling with day traders you have to put a lot in to get a lot out. Money is made from volatile markets and it's risky if you don't know what you're doing, its risky even if you do know what you're doing. Win big, loose big...

That's true.
Original post by Qxi.xli
Seems like a nice way to get rich lol.

My friends and family do
Idk anything about it though except Bitcoin and krypto
Reply 9
Yes

also I do forex trading...
Original post by Qxi.xli
Seems like a nice way to get rich lol.

define 'nice' lol
Original post by ANM775
Yes

also I do forex trading...

oh wow, nice. Has it been good?

Original post by HucktheForde
define 'nice' lol

nice=easy lol
Original post by Qxi.xli

nice=easy lol

It's definitely not easy. Plenty of people got burned and lost money
(edited 2 years ago)
It's definitely not easy. Plenty of people got burned and lost money

yeah, that's true. But I guess if you have some extra money, you might as well.
My friend's brother invested in Facebook a while back and now he's very happy about that lol. He has even started his own business with all that money he earned.
I saw somewhere that if you invested 100 or 500 (I don't remember which) every month from age 18 to 30, it's likely you'll have 3 mill by 30, which doesn't seem bad at all.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Qxi.xli
yeah, that's true. But I guess if you have some extra money, you might as well.
My friend's brother invested in Facebook a while back and now he's very happy about that lol. He has even started his own business with all that money he earned.
I saw somewhere that if you invested 100 or 500 (I don't remember which) every month from age 18 to 30, it's likely you'll have 3 mill by 30, which doesn't seem bad at all.

That number seems exaggerated. But yes you can retire early if you start early. Most of these kind of examples are referring to market index rather than a specific stock.
That number seems exaggerated. But yes you can retire early if you start early. Most of these kind of examples are referring to market index rather than a specific stock.

oh ok, I'm going to pretend I know what that means lol.
Original post by Qxi.xli
oh ok, I'm going to pretend I know what that means lol.

Don't get into either investing or day trading until you know how it works.
Original post by lol.yolo
Don't get into either investing or day trading until you know how it works.

yep :wink:
I do currently own some stocks & securities.

I am buying and holding. I don’t intend to get rich in months or even years, just view it as a manor for me to save and build financial freedom over many decades.
Reply 19
Original post by Qxi.xli

nice=easy lol

I only just started looking into stocks. i decided to opt to use a copytrader on etoro.com with a good record instead of picking the stocks myself as i do not know enough about stocks to feel confident..so i am doing that. still very early days though (only started a couple of months ago)

with forex that is more difficult as you're actively day trading. i've gotten better at it but i seem to be around break even on that for now as the amounts i win and loose seem to roughly balance each other out.

more recently since trying out a new system it seems like i'm winning a bit more than usual, but still early days with this. i'd rather wait till at least 30 trades to pass judgement........

Quick Reply

Latest