The Student Room Group

the question states ' write a story about two people from different backgrounds'

There are many different beliefs to what ghosts really are, the souls of the dead which of whom have never fully transferred to the afterlife, spirits trying to find meaning and/or peace, souls who have unfinished business and many more. Well this is my story, and the true depiction of what happens to the dead.

My name is Noah. A wealthy young man with privileges beyond your very belief. You may be wondering how I became of this substantial wealth; well I cannot take credit. My parents own a large corporation, in fact they built it from the ground, making considerable amounts of profit along the way. Yes, I lived every day in luxury, exploring different towns and cities every week, driving luxury cars at full speed, having every piece of clothing or console I ever wanted with the click of a button, but somehow, I felt almost unfulfilled. And then it happened. As quick as a flash I was gone within minutes. I drove full speed into the front of a truck, crushing my entire body under the metal frames of my £250,00 car, completely altering my way of living. Literally.

If you hadn’t of already guessed, I died that night. and Now I live between the dimensions of living and dead, leaving me as what some people may call ghosts or spirits. We live with the living, able to see and hear everything they do, yet they are unable to do the same with us. Some animals, very few, are able to sense out presence, most of which are unbothered. And yes, all souls stuck within this dimension live together, we are able to see, hear and communicate with each other, yet that rarely happens, most people stuck here have died alone with very few friends, all of which are normally alive. This includes me, a young, single male with no friends except for the ones that are still living, yet I never really like them either, in fact I was never very fond of people, a misanthropist you may say. I will put this plainly and simply this life is beyond boring, exactly what I despise. You can do nothing but watch humans partake in their everyday lives, watch them work all their lives only to live the same dull life till the day they die. Boring.

That is what I do every day watch, watch and watch some more. I usually try to pick the more interesting of people, but they always turn out to be much more disappointing than expected. Till I saw her. The most beautiful girl to ever exist, and believe me, I would know. She had shiny long luscious hair, flowing down to the bottom of her back. Golden brown eyes that would form pools of honey in the glowing sun. a stunning face unlike any other. She was my definition of beautiful. I saw her wondering through the streets of London, I decided to follow her, to see where she may be going. She stopped at this dilapidated, derelict run-down ramshackle house, she pulled out her keys and opened the door. I was in shock. How could people live in such conditions while all my life I lived in a house that could fit this in the shoe cupboard. I decided to watch her more, watch her life unfold. The door swung open,
‘aunty!’ I heard from inside. I took a closer look. Two young children greeted her, holding her tight within their arms. I big smile swiped across her face, she begun hugging them tight, crouching down to enjoy the warmth of love that was flowing through them. I continued to follow her life. Every day she would get up from her bed, which she would have to share with her sister, put on the same lifeless clothing and go to work. She would walk for nearly an hour each morning just to arrive at a factory to complete the same monotonous task for 8 hours straight, only to have to walk home again. But then she would be greeted yet again with the same level of joyous love every single day. She seemed happy. I continued to watch her for another year at least, following erh every move. Her life made me question my whole belief system. I always believed you needed money to be happy, you needed to be able to buy whatever you want to final feel satisfaction, but I was wrong. All you ever need is love. My whole life no one had ever taken the time to love me, and at first, I was fine with, but it made me feel hollow inside, emotionless. This was all I needed. A family. I would rarely see my parents, between running the company and travelling every few weeks they would never have a chance to actually talk to me let alone show affection towards me. All they ever knew was money. And so, did I. until now. I never really knew why I was here, why I was stuck in this dimension but maybe this was it. maybe all I really needed was someone to love. Maybe all I needed was her. I felt at peace at last knowing my true self, knowing all I needed was love. I started to fizzle away; I knew where I would be going next. The afterlife, whatever that may be. I may not have got to meet her in my living life, but I may get to meet her in whatever comes next. The after.

Now you may ask me what a ghost is, well this is what I believe. Ghosts are lost spirits that never got to fulfil their life’s purpose leaving them trapped in a dimension between living and dead, their purpose? To find what they are missing. To come to the realisation, they never got to see when living their human lives. To feel peace.
Reply 1
Original post by lil345
There are many different beliefs to what ghosts really are, the souls of the dead which of whom have never fully transferred to the afterlife, spirits trying to find meaning and/or peace, souls who have unfinished business and many more. Well this is my story, and the true depiction of what happens to the dead.

My name is Noah. A wealthy young man with privileges beyond your very belief. You may be wondering how I became of this substantial wealth; well I cannot take credit. My parents own a large corporation, in fact they built it from the ground, making considerable amounts of profit along the way. Yes, I lived every day in luxury, exploring different towns and cities every week, driving luxury cars at full speed, having every piece of clothing or console I ever wanted with the click of a button, but somehow, I felt almost unfulfilled. And then it happened. As quick as a flash I was gone within minutes. I drove full speed into the front of a truck, crushing my entire body under the metal frames of my £250,00 car, completely altering my way of living. Literally.

If you hadn’t of already guessed, I died that night. and Now I live between the dimensions of living and dead, leaving me as what some people may call ghosts or spirits. We live with the living, able to see and hear everything they do, yet they are unable to do the same with us. Some animals, very few, are able to sense out presence, most of which are unbothered. And yes, all souls stuck within this dimension live together, we are able to see, hear and communicate with each other, yet that rarely happens, most people stuck here have died alone with very few friends, all of which are normally alive. This includes me, a young, single male with no friends except for the ones that are still living, yet I never really like them either, in fact I was never very fond of people, a misanthropist you may say. I will put this plainly and simply this life is beyond boring, exactly what I despise. You can do nothing but watch humans partake in their everyday lives, watch them work all their lives only to live the same dull life till the day they die. Boring.

That is what I do every day watch, watch and watch some more. I usually try to pick the more interesting of people, but they always turn out to be much more disappointing than expected. Till I saw her. The most beautiful girl to ever exist, and believe me, I would know. She had shiny long luscious hair, flowing down to the bottom of her back. Golden brown eyes that would form pools of honey in the glowing sun. a stunning face unlike any other. She was my definition of beautiful. I saw her wondering through the streets of London, I decided to follow her, to see where she may be going. She stopped at this dilapidated, derelict run-down ramshackle house, she pulled out her keys and opened the door. I was in shock. How could people live in such conditions while all my life I lived in a house that could fit this in the shoe cupboard. I decided to watch her more, watch her life unfold. The door swung open,
‘aunty!’ I heard from inside. I took a closer look. Two young children greeted her, holding her tight within their arms. I big smile swiped across her face, she begun hugging them tight, crouching down to enjoy the warmth of love that was flowing through them. I continued to follow her life. Every day she would get up from her bed, which she would have to share with her sister, put on the same lifeless clothing and go to work. She would walk for nearly an hour each morning just to arrive at a factory to complete the same monotonous task for 8 hours straight, only to have to walk home again. But then she would be greeted yet again with the same level of joyous love every single day. She seemed happy. I continued to watch her for another year at least, following erh every move. Her life made me question my whole belief system. I always believed you needed money to be happy, you needed to be able to buy whatever you want to final feel satisfaction, but I was wrong. All you ever need is love. My whole life no one had ever taken the time to love me, and at first, I was fine with, but it made me feel hollow inside, emotionless. This was all I needed. A family. I would rarely see my parents, between running the company and travelling every few weeks they would never have a chance to actually talk to me let alone show affection towards me. All they ever knew was money. And so, did I. until now. I never really knew why I was here, why I was stuck in this dimension but maybe this was it. maybe all I really needed was someone to love. Maybe all I needed was her. I felt at peace at last knowing my true self, knowing all I needed was love. I started to fizzle away; I knew where I would be going next. The afterlife, whatever that may be. I may not have got to meet her in my living life, but I may get to meet her in whatever comes next. The after.

Now you may ask me what a ghost is, well this is what I believe. Ghosts are lost spirits that never got to fulfil their life’s purpose leaving them trapped in a dimension between living and dead, their purpose? To find what they are missing. To come to the realisation, they never got to see when living their human lives. To feel peace

i forgot to mention this is a GCSE english paper 1 question 5
Reply 2
what grade did you get or mark

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending