The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, that's a fantastic idea as we're all on the same boat.
I got my sjt score but it doesn't mean much unless we know what the average score is.
I'm not even sure what the total is. I remember there were 140ish questions, each marked out of 4.
So if you do the maths, I guess the total is 560ish.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by m.a.95
Hi, that's a fantastic idea as we're all on the same boat.
I got my sjt score but it doesn't mean much unless we know what the average score is.
I'm not even sure what the total is. I remember there were 140ish questions, each marked out of 4.
So if you do the maths, I guess the total is 560ish.

Thank you for the response. I guess it was about that. Tbh, can't really remember. Do you understand how they are going to rank us now?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for the response. I guess it was about that. Tbh, can't really remember. Do you understand how they are going to rank us now?

Based on the latest info they posted on UKFPO twitter on the 31st of March, they will rank the eligible applicants solely based on SJT scores. The eligible applicants are those individuals who are either high scoring applicants on the SJT (those particular individuals were allowed to bypass the interview BTW), and those who were deemed successful at the interviews.

So based on SJT scores, there are 4 possible scenarios, ranked from best to worst. A. You bypass the interview by having a high score on the SJT B. You scored high enough to be shortlisted for the interviews, and you were deemed eligible based on your performance at the interviews. C, you scored high to be shortlisted for the interviews but deemed not eligible based on interviews. D. Your score was not enough to be shortlisted for interviews.

Even if you smash the interviews and you become eligible for the offers process, your interview performance will have no influence on your overall rank. Your overall rank will be solely based on SJT score.

Apologies for the long winded answer, but I hope this helps
Reply 4
Having read through multiple forums, it seems that the cutoff for bypassing the interviews is 380 and the minimum score is 330.
Personally, I scored 360ish/480 (75%). Initially I wasn't too happy with that, but it seems that my score is nearly right bang in the middle, which is not a bad place to be. Generally speaking, you'd want to be right in the middle of that bell-curve and higher.
Reply 5
Original post by m.a.95
Based on the latest info they posted on UKFPO twitter on the 31st of March, they will rank the eligible applicants solely based on SJT scores. The eligible applicants are those individuals who are either high scoring applicants on the SJT (those particular individuals were allowed to bypass the interview BTW), and those who were deemed successful at the interviews.

So based on SJT scores, there are 4 possible scenarios, ranked from best to worst. A. You bypass the interview by having a high score on the SJT B. You scored high enough to be shortlisted for the interviews, and you were deemed eligible based on your performance at the interviews. C, you scored high to be shortlisted for the interviews but deemed not eligible based on interviews. D. Your score was not enough to be shortlisted for interviews.

Even if you smash the interviews and you become eligible for the offers process, your interview performance will have no influence on your overall rank. Your overall rank will be solely based on SJT score.

Apologies for the long winded answer, but I hope this helps

Very helpful and explanatory. Thank you!
Reply 6
Original post by m.a.95
Having read through multiple forums, it seems that the cutoff for bypassing the interviews is 380 and the minimum score is 330.
Personally, I scored 360ish/480 (75%). Initially I wasn't too happy with that, but it seems that my score is nearly right bang in the middle, which is not a bad place to be. Generally speaking, you'd want to be right in the middle of that bell-curve and higher.

Oh,that's a relief. No,its not a bad place to be at all. I scored 370ish, so fingers crossed for the best. Thanks so much for the info.😁
Reply 7
Hi, does anyone know what is happening with the FY2 Standalone interview results (2021)? Apparently, multiple people were told they were unsuccessful but have also been told to preference their hospital choices. Has anyone been given a ranking position yet?
Reply 8
Original post by m.a.95

I scored around 360 as well. The interview results came out today, I am slightly confused because I was told I was unsuccessful but also told to preference my hospital choices. Did you have a similar experience?
Reply 9
Hey guys. I was also told I was unsuccessful but also told to preference my choices which apparently, I can actually do when I log into my ORIEL account. :/ Anyone with an idea what is going on?
Original post by lyxx
Hi, does anyone know what is happening with the FY2 Standalone interview results (2021)? Apparently, multiple people were told they were unsuccessful but have also been told to preference their hospital choices. Has anyone been given a ranking position yet?

Nope. My ranking is 0 at the moment.
Reply 11
Original post by 007doc66
Hey guys. I was also told I was unsuccessful but also told to preference my choices which apparently, I can actually do when I log into my ORIEL account. :/ Anyone with an idea what is going on?

The same thing happened to me and my friends. We are all very confused about what is going on. I personally thought the interview went okay, so I'm not too sure how they marked it. I can preference hospitals on oriel as well but I noticed that I was not given a ranking.
Original post by lyxx
The same thing happened to me and my friends. We are all very confused about what is going on. I personally thought the interview went okay, so I'm not too sure how they marked it. I can preference hospitals on oriel as well but I noticed that I was not given a ranking.

Very odd. I also thought the interview went okay but given that I'm a European graduate with less than a month work experience in the NHS, I thought that would bring me down, but now I'm just straight up confused.haha
Reply 13
Original post by 007doc66
Very odd. I also thought the interview went okay but given that I'm a European graduate with less than a month work experience in the NHS, I thought that would bring me down, but now I'm just straight up confused.haha

I am the exact same! European graduate with about 2-3 months in the NHS. Maybe they feel like the NHS experience isn't enough. I guess if we are unsuccessful we will get feedback later this week. So we will find out soon enough
Original post by lyxx
I am the exact same! European graduate with about 2-3 months in the NHS. Maybe they feel like the NHS experience isn't enough. I guess if we are unsuccessful we will get feedback later this week. So we will find out soon enough

true. Perhaps they will let us know soon which email was sent in error.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi guys to answer your questions. I got 377 in my SJT and had an interview. I was successful at interview and the rank I have been given is 120. I am also a European medical graduate, although I graduated in 2019. I started out as a locum, finding my first job in July 2020. If anyone would like any further assistance or guidance about locum work or agencies and my experiences thus far, I am happy to answer.
Hello! Congratulations on your interview score! I wanted to ask, where can we find our SJT scores on oriel? I can not find mine.
Hello!
Where did you find your sjt score? I can’t find mine on oriel
Original post by m.a.95

Hi, where can I find my sjt score on oriel?
There is a bar where it says UK Foundation Programme Office:

That is where the score is. It has not been written there as SJT score.

Latest

Trending

Trending