The Student Room Group

PLAGIARISM- AQA gcse language paper 1 question 5

Hi all, i just completed a language paper 1 q5 for my recent assessments, before going into the exam i memorized a description of a storm of the internet and re wrote it practically word for word. Do you think my teacher marking it will realize, and if so what do you think they will do ??
hi what year are u in btw?
also dont worry they wont realise and even if they do they wont say anything bc they still has to mark it, if u didnt actually cheat (having notes with u ) they cant get u in trouble. the most they'll do is call u out for it
Reply 2
Original post by Rice460
Hi all, i just completed a language paper 1 q5 for my recent assessments, before going into the exam i memorized a description of a storm of the internet and re wrote it practically word for word. Do you think my teacher marking it will realize, and if so what do you think they will do ??

It is plagiarism, so yes, you can be caught and punished accordingly. I know if I did it in school, then my paper would be revoked and would be flagged.
But it depends on how well the answer was written and what your writing is usually like and if it looks really suspicious. In most cases, unless the teacher has seen it before, it would go unnoticed. But most of my English teachers in school use resources from the internet so for me, they probably would recognise it.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by eshaxo456
also dont worry they wont realise and even if they do they wont say anything bc they still has to mark it, if u didnt actually cheat (having notes with u ) they cant get u in trouble. the most they'll do is call u out for it

I am in year 11 and these were my mocks counting towards my gcse
Reply 4
Original post by parii_xd
It is plagiarism, so yes, you can be caught and punished accordingly. I know if I did it in school, then my paper would be revoked and would be flagged.

Ah rud, not looking good, these were my mocks for my gcse !!
Original post by Rice460

ohh ok im in year 11 too. btw are u doing triple science
Reply 6
Original post by Rice460

Thank you for putting me at ease, slightly.
Original post by Rice460
Thank you for putting me at ease, slightly.

npppp!
Reply 8
But it depends on how well the answer was written and what your writing is usually like and if it looks really suspicious. In most cases, unless the teacher has seen it before, it would go unnoticed. But most of my English teachers in school use resources from the internet so for me, they probably would recognise it.

We were given an image of like a spooky sky and graveyard and my story was about a sea storm, with reference to some spooky trees as were in the image, i think that might make my writing more sus. I am currently targeted a 8 in my enlish gcse but i feel as if the writing i did was still much above my ability ...
Reply 9
Original post by Rice460
Ah rud, not looking good, these were my mocks for my gcse !!

Original post by Rice460
We were given an image of like a spooky sky and graveyard and my story was about a sea storm, with reference to some spooky trees as were in the image, i think that might make my writing more sus. I am currently targeted a 8 in my enlish gcse but i feel as if the writing i did was still much above my ability ...

The thing is right, there's nothing you can do about it now. It's done. If it's a problem, you'll be told. If not, then let it slide (and I guess don't do it again). If you get the 9, well done, I guess. And I'm sure the GCSE will take all work into consideration, not just one test.
(edited 2 years ago)
I wish they would, but they likely won't.
Reply 11
The thing is right, there's nothing you can do about it now. It's done. If it's a problem, you'll be told. If not, then let it slide (and I guess don't do it again). If you get the 9, well done, I guess. And I'm sure the GCSE will take all work into consideration, not just one test.

Ok thanks alot for the advice
Reply 12
Original post by Tolgash
I wish they would, but they likely won't.

what makes you think they wont
Original post by Rice460
what makes you think they wont

People do this all the time and aren't penalised.
Reply 14
ohh ok im in year 11 too. btw are u doing triple science

No im not sorry
what happened !

Original post by Rice460
is this true?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending