The Student Room Group

Access Course

Hiya has anyone recently applied for an access course. I’m just wondering how long it took for the college to get back to you and confirm either a place or an interview?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hannahjo30
Hiya has anyone recently applied for an access course. I’m just wondering how long it took for the college to get back to you and confirm either a place or an interview?

When I applied for my offline access course, they got back to me within 2 weeks (bureacracy, I know). If it takes longer, you can email them for an update on your application after 3-4 weeks. They tend not to reject people unless you don't meet the grade requirements. Most people get in though.
Reply 2
I believe addmissons into FE colleges are done usually between the months June and August. This is because most peoeple attending are straight from school when they finish their exams in June. I maybe wrong though, contact the college's admisson's team.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by MindMax2000
When I applied for my offline access course, they got back to me within 2 weeks (bureacracy, I know). If it takes longer, you can email them for an update on your application after 3-4 weeks. They tend not to reject people unless you don't meet the grade requirements. Most people get in though.

Thank you. It’s been about two weeks but I’m guessing that I can’t really count last week as it was Easter holidays. I still need to show proof of my grades as didn’t have the certificates to hand when submitting application so might email them in tomorrow and see if it speeds things up a bit
Reply 4
Are you talking about an online learning college/etc or a physical college?

I've applied at a physical college in my local area and when they confirmed my application they said it can be 6-8 weeks until I hear back. They do all the offers, interviews, etc nearer September and because application deadline hasn't come yet they wait until everyone has got the chance to apply and what not :smile:
Reply 5
Hiya yeah it’s at a physical college I wanted the support from the tutors and like the idea of having to actually go in twice a week.

Makes sense what you have said though about it being nearer to September. Just want to know so can start planning things like how childcare’s gonna work etc
Reply 6
Original post by Hannahjo30
Hiya yeah it’s at a physical college I wanted the support from the tutors and like the idea of having to actually go in twice a week.

Makes sense what you have said though about it being nearer to September. Just want to know so can start planning things like how childcare’s gonna work etc

Yeah me too, I defo prefer being there in person

Have you had to do any assessment tests yet? A few weeks after I applied I was sent a link to do a simple maths+English assessment to see if I was suitable for the course, they said they have over 50 people applying so will take them a while to go through everyones tests.. I'm so impatient though haha maybe not all colleges do that though, but the few in my area do even if you have the GCSEs :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
I applied for an Access course in November and have not had interview yet, I did email the college who said they were getting, costings, timetables etc sorted and would be in touch as soon as these were in place.

I am a bit worried as I need to give notice at my job to attend the course ( at least 3 months) but don’t want to if I am not successful in gaining a place.

I need to be patient 😀
Reply 8
Original post by Antler
I applied for an Access course in November and have not had interview yet, I did email the college who said they were getting, costings, timetables etc sorted and would be in touch as soon as these were in place.

I am a bit worried as I need to give notice at my job to attend the course ( at least 3 months) but don’t want to if I am not successful in gaining a place.

I need to be patient 😀

In November?? for the next September start? :P Wow you've been waiting ages haha, ages to go until September too. I'm getting super impatient and want September to hurry lol

What course have you applied for? Have you done any pre-assessment tests yet? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Fuzzi
In November?? for the next September start? :P Wow you've been waiting ages haha, ages to go until September too. I'm getting super impatient and want September to hurry lol

What course have you applied for? Have you done any pre-assessment tests yet? :smile:

It’s Access to Healthcare and no, no pre-assessments yet lol.
Yes I want September to hurry up too 😃 I applied early because I’m desperate to get on the course 😃

Which course have you applied for?
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm at the same stage, have put it off for years becasue 'the time wasn't right' well it is now! I'm so worried about not getting accepted but I'm probably over-thinking it. It's really good to hear a rough timescale on the application process, I've been googling it like mad. Now I need to stop checking my emails and chill.
Reply 11
Original post by PistonheadNurse
I'm at the same stage, have put it off for years becasue 'the time wasn't right' well it is now! I'm so worried about not getting accepted but I'm probably over-thinking it. It's really good to hear a rough timescale on the application process, I've been googling it like mad. Now I need to stop checking my emails and chill.

Me too! I have put this off for years, still scared to make the leap but it’s now or never I think.
I just want to know if I have a place, I can’t relax so totally understand how you are feeling and the email checking 😃
Reply 12
Update,,,,, I have been offered a place on the Access course to start September, it’s a big relief.
Hope you hear soon.
Original post by Antler
Update,,,,, I have been offered a place on the Access course to start September, it’s a big relief.
Hope you hear soon.

Congrats
I got assigned a teacher within the first week
Reply 15
Does anyone know when they open up applications for the next academic year? I am wanting to apply for Sept 2022.
Original post by TMedi
Does anyone know when they open up applications for the next academic year? I am wanting to apply for Sept 2022.

I think it varies depending on where you want to apply to.

Generally, any time after October 2021 would be a safe bet, but you might want to check with the college.
Reply 17
Awww yay congratulations!! Which access are you doing and what are you hoping to progress to? Hopefully I’ll hear something soon
Original post by Antler
Hope you hear soon.

Brilliant news. I’m looking to start September 2022 as I’m pregnant and due in July. I don’t like the idea of a full on course and a tiny baby.
Reply 19
Just spoke to the college and they’ve confirmed my place to start in September! So excitedn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending