The Student Room Group

Part time jobs at Sussex

I’m hopefully going to Sussex in September to study psychology but will need to get a part time job of about 10hours or so to help with my living costs. Are there many jobs on campus that would be suitable? Also are there a lot of students who get part time jobs at uni or will I be a minority?
Original post by pinkcrocs
I’m hopefully going to Sussex in September to study psychology but will need to get a part time job of about 10hours or so to help with my living costs. Are there many jobs on campus that would be suitable? Also are there a lot of students who get part time jobs at uni or will I be a minority?

Hi there, as you have posted in the 'Ask SFE' section, you are unlikely to receive any responses from other students.

I advise you to post here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=8 and the helpful TSR community can assist further :smile:
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by pinkcrocs

Hi @pinkcrocs

I'm glad to hear that you are considering studying at Sussex in September! There are a lot of people who have part time jobs! I would say that it is probably more 50/50 where some people work and others don't rather than it being a majority or minority!

When it comes to getting a part time job there are a few options available on campus. Some jobs on campus would be at the bars, student union shop or the Co-op for example. However for these jobs you would probably need to apply around a month or so before you arrive but this may have changed. Generally applications for this are available on the Sussex Student Union website when they advertise.

There are also jobs that are specific to certain schools of study that hire students as well as other types of part time jobs which are likely to advertised through the Sussex Careers and Employability Centre throughout the year.

If you are also considering jobs off of campus there is also a good amount of shops in Brighton including retail shops, supermarkets and lots of independent shops in the Lanes which would allow you to have regular income.

I hope this has helped in some way! Please feel free to ask me any other questions you may have.
Best wishes
Merade (Yr 3 History and Politics BA)
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending