HOLLYVF
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm due to finish my FdSc Veterinary Nursing Science degree June 2021 - it was a 3 year course, starting Sep 2018 with 2nd year being a placement year. I haven't taken any time out of the course and have no other HE education other than this.

My question is I have applied to go straight onto the BSc Veterinary Nursing Science (Top-Up) degree in September 2021, it is only a 1 year course. After a bit of googling I'm now worried I won't get any funding for it! Am I eligible for a Tuition Loan Fee and Maintenance Loan??

Both my current FdSc VN course and the BSc VN top-up are at Hartpury University, Gloucester.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HOLLYVF)
I'm due to finish my FdSc Veterinary Nursing Science degree June 2021 - it was a 3 year course, starting Sep 2018 with 2nd year being a placement year. I haven't taken any time out of the course and have no other HE education other than this.

My question is I have applied to go straight onto the BSc Veterinary Nursing Science (Top-Up) degree in September 2021, it is only a 1 year course. After a bit of googling I'm now worried I won't get any funding for it! Am I eligible for a Tuition Loan Fee and Maintenance Loan??

Both my current FdSc VN course and the BSc VN top-up are at Hartpury University, Gloucester.
Hi Holly, students can receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any years of previous study.

If your foundation course was 3 years long then your calculation would of been 3+1-0 = 4 years of funding.

A top up course is 1 year but always classed as 3 years for calculation purposes.
Your calculation for a top up course with 3 years of previous study, will be 3+1-3=1 year of funding.

I do expect you to be funded for the top up course based on this information.
Please apply as soon as possible so our assessors can review fully.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (207)
43.86%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (54)
11.44%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (100)
21.19%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.17%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.72%

Watched Threads