The Student Room Group

Gcse english language paper 2 question 2

Hi everyone, I did this paper as practice from my teacher and I don’t know which paper it is. If what I’m reading is correct, this may be a paper that could be used for Mocks or assessments and so I will not be sharing any of the questions as I don’t want to advantage anyone. Keep revising and you’ll earn the grades you desire.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

i think this answer is great!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by KeyTo Success
Hi, you have wrote very well about the different views and perspectives, as it is an english language paper your analysis needs to be more precise so try to say through the verbs "screaming and howling" this will make the examiner sure that you completely understand the texts so you can get your 8 marks. I am a gcse student who hates english and got a 4 in year 10 for my first test by the middle of yr 10 i worked my way up to a 6/7 and then end i managed to get consecutive 9 and i have not dropped down since, the reason is because i added more clear anaysis and technique!

Thanks so much! This is really helpful. I was just wondering how do you revise for English Language? Any resources or tips that you could share would be most helpful!
Original post by Happs_2705
Thanks so much! This is really helpful. I was just wondering how do you revise for English Language? Any resources or tips that you could share would be most helpful!

I really hate reading if im being honest i dont like to read at all! You need to be able to comfortably take a word or letter in the extract/source and think about what the deeper meaning is or how it links to the question then identify the technique such as verbs and similes or anthropromorphism and try to incude as many as you can.Dont just use the word because or emphasises THOSE ARE BORING try and use the words portray,depict, demonstrate,display, evoke are you in year 11?
Reply 4
Original post by KeyTo Success
I really hate reading if im being honest i dont like to read at all! You need to be able to comfortably take a word or letter in the extract/source and think about what the deeper meaning is or how it links to the question then identify the technique such as verbs and similes or anthropromorphism and try to incude as many as you can.Dont just use the word because or emphasises THOSE ARE BORING try and use the words portray,depict, demonstrate,display, evoke are you in year 11?

This is so helpful! I completely understand. Yep, I am in Year 11, what year are you in? GCSE’s have been cancelled, but we still have mocks and I’m trying to get a 9. In the last Mock we did, I got an 8 - so I’m not too far off :smile:
which paper is this can you send the sources please?
Hey, haven't read the answer yet but I just finished my Eng Lang lesson and found out that this is the exam we are going to be doing for our 'assessments' because PPEs are cancelled
Reply 7
Original post by shahed11111
which paper is this can you send the sources please?

Hi everyone, I did this paper as practice from my teacher and I don’t know which paper it is. If what I’m reading is correct, this may be a paper that could be used for Mocks or assessments and so I will not be sharing any of the questions as I don’t want to advantage anyone. Keep revising and you’ll earn the grades you desire.
Reply 8
Original post by jacksonjgeorge
Hey, haven't read the answer yet but I just finished my Eng Lang lesson and found out that this is the exam we are going to be doing for our 'assessments' because PPEs are cancelled

Original post by jacksonjgeorge

I've already done it lmao, relax mate
I cant see the answer where is it?
rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Reply 12

where is it?
Original post by Zaib02
where is it?

https://mega.nz/folder/30c1VSwa#MIQMqqfDGqTE7hpcHtXPxQ

here's a present for u
Reply 14

thank you sooo much, much appreciated!
Reply 15

are there mark schemes for each subject?
Original post by Zaib02
thank you sooo much, much appreciated!

hope it's useful u in yr11?
Original post by Zaib02
are there mark schemes for each subject?

nope just the papers
Reply 18
Original post by shahed11111
hope it's useful u in yr11

nope, its for my brother, hes in year 11 doing his 2020 exams and these will be accounted for his final grade
Original post by Zaib02
nope, its for my brother, hes in year 11 doing his 2020 exams and these will be accounted for his final grade

gd luck to ur brother im in yr11 aswell

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending