The Student Room Group

still waiting on uni decision

I still haven't recieved offers from 2 of my universities, In only applied to 4 got offers from the other two but I am getting quite desperate now as both of the unis that I haven't heard anything back from are my top choices. what do I do? help!
Original post by roshnijesrani
I still haven't recieved offers from 2 of my universities, In only applied to 4 got offers from the other two but I am getting quite desperate now as both of the unis that I haven't heard anything back from are my top choices. what do I do? help!

What universities are these? Scottish unis tend to take a very long time to get back from experience.

Hey @roshnijesrani,

I know it can be super stressful waiting for offers from uni's but try not to worry too much!

You have done the best you can, and the thing to do now is wait and see what happens.

I hope it all works out for you.

Daisy
2nd year politics and international relations student
Thousands of people are still waiting for final University decisions.
Unis are being very cautious in order not to risk over-shooting their target numbers in August.
Hang on in there - Unis are still making offers.
Original post by Anonymous1502
What universities are these? Scottish unis tend to take a very long time to get back from experience.

yeah one of them is university of Edinburgh and the other is university of manchester
Original post by McGinger
Thousands of people are still waiting for final University decisions.
Unis are being very cautious in order not to risk over-shooting their target numbers in August.
Hang on in there - Unis are still making offers.

yes I'm trying not to worry and just get the best grades I can on myA levels
Original post by UniofReading
Hey @roshnijesrani,

I know it can be super stressful waiting for offers from uni's but try not to worry too much!

You have done the best you can, and the thing to do now is wait and see what happens.

I hope it all works out for you.

Daisy
2nd year politics and international relations student

thankyou!
yeah one of them is university of Edinburgh and the other is university of manchester

I study at Edinburgh, they took a very long time to get back to me, when I have applied to Manchester they were really quick to get back it probably depends on the department though :smile:
about 7% of applications are still outstanding - that's about 1 in every 13 or so.

There's not long now though - it's perfectly ok to contact a university and ask if they expect to make a decision by the UCAS deadline
Original post by PQ
about 7% of applications are still outstanding - that's about 1 in every 13 or so.

There's not long now though - it's perfectly ok to contact a university and ask if they expect to make a decision by the UCAS deadline

if i am to email them how do I raise this concern without annoying them, like how do I phrase it
if i am to email them how do I raise this concern without annoying them, like how do I phrase it

Dear Admissions

My name is roshnijesrani and I've applied for XXXX course (UCAS course code XXXX). My UCAS ID is XXXXXXXXXXXX.

I'm just contacting you because I'm aware that the deadline for universities to make a decision is close and I wanted to check that you have all the information that you need for my application to make a decision before the deadline.

Thanks
roshnijesrani
Original post by PQ
Dear Admissions

My name is roshnijesrani and I've applied for XXXX course (UCAS course code XXXX). My UCAS ID is XXXXXXXXXXXX.

I'm just contacting you because I'm aware that the deadline for universities to make a decision is close and I wanted to check that you have all the information that you need for my application to make a decision before the deadline.

Thanks
roshnijesrani

ok thankyou so much , I emailed them and that got back saying since it's a popular course they are still reviewing applications and that I have to wait a few more weeks to hear back

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending