The Student Room Group

Trust between m/f platonic friendships

Are women generally ok with sharing a twin room on holiday or being alone together indoors with a close guy friend she trusts even if she knows he has a crush on her?
It depends on the guy and the girl. I don’t have much experience with this kind of situation but I would guess probably not - it would just be a bit weird and over-intimate, especially if the girl knows he has a crush on her but she doesn’t feel the same way.
Reply 2
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
It depends on the guy and the girl. I don’t have much experience with this kind of situation but I would guess probably not - it would just be a bit weird and over-intimate, especially if the girl knows he has a crush on her but she doesn’t feel the same way.

What if there’s no crush?
It depends on the circumstances. I've shared a twin room on holiday with a male friend. We'd been friends since we were 11 and there were definitely no crushes.

If there was a crush, no way. Even if there wasn't, I don't think I would be happy to with most of my guy friends.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Desideri
It depends on the circumstances. I've shared a twin room on holiday with a male friend. We'd been friends since we were 11 and there were definitely no crushes.

If there was a crush, no way. Even if there wasn't, I don't think I would be happy to with most of my guy friends.

interesting. What would be the reason?
Sharing a room with someone you have an unrequited crush on is probably not going to be great for the guy in that situation (been there, done that). You can be alone together indoors with whoever you want though (well, post-covid restrictions) and I don't think that really counts as intentionally making things hard for the other person, especially if they want to get over their crush to be friends with them.

Ignoring the crush bit, personally I would share a twin room with my male friends under the same circumstances as my female friends and have done so in the past. I don't befriend people who I don't trust or who I think would act on attraction that they know is not reciprocated. It's a perfectly okay thing to do, there's just a weird expectation that when a man and a woman are alone together it always leads to something more.
Original post by Anonymous
Are women generally ok with sharing a twin room on holiday or being alone together indoors with a close guy friend she trusts even if she knows he has a crush on her?

That’s a rather odd question.

She “Trusts” to what?

Most girls can be alone together with a friend. If they couldn’t then he’s not much of a friend is he.
Sharing a room is different.
Reply 7
Original post by GabiAbi84
That’s a rather odd question.

She “Trusts” to what?

Most girls can be alone together with a friend. If they couldn’t then he’s not much of a friend is he.
Sharing a room is different.

In what way is sharing a room different?
In what way is sharing a room different?

Are you purposefully ignoring the main part of my post?
What is the reason for you asking this question? The scenario that I am imagining doesn’t paint you in a good light but as you haven’t been clear about it I don’t know whether that is entirely fair.

Sharing a room is completely different to just hanging out with a friend.
Reply 9
Original post by GabiAbi84
Are you purposefully ignoring the main part of my post?
What is the reason for you asking this question? The scenario that I am imagining doesn’t paint you in a good light but as you haven’t been clear about it I don’t know whether that is entirely fair.

Sharing a room is completely different to just hanging out with a friend.

It’s a generic question. What’s the scenario you’re imagining?
It’s a generic question. What’s the scenario you’re imagining?

Okay, generic question generic answer.

Some girls will be okay to share a twin room, some won’t.
I’d expect most if not all girls to be okay being alone inside with a friend (otherwise it’s not really a friendship)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending