The Student Room Group

What unusual name would you name your child?

Personally I would name my child Karma regardless of gender. A reminder of you get what you give, being good or bad.
Plus if you’ve seen Assassination Classroom you’ll know where my inspiration comes from.
That's an interesting name. I've not thought much about if or when I have children but I think I'd like them to have a Welsh name that means something specific. I guess that would be unusual for anyone who doesn't live in Wales or if it's an old traditional name possibly even only those in the places that still have a strong welsh speaking population (the region which I live).
Original post by Sempai569
That's an interesting name. I've not thought much about if or when I have children but I think I'd like them to have a Welsh name that means something specific. I guess that would be unusual for anyone who doesn't live in Wales or if it's an old traditional name possibly even only those in the places that still have a strong welsh speaking population (the region which I live).

I do love Welsh names and just Wales in general. Though I still can’t ever get the double Ls sound right sometimes unless I’m saying Llandudno or something 😅
Original post by CharityCross219
Personally I would name my child Karma regardless of gender. A reminder of you get what you give, being good or bad.
Plus if you’ve seen Assassination Classroom you’ll know where my inspiration comes from.

omg i was telling someone today how much i love Karma so far (im only on ep 4 but hes great)
I swear loads of kids in 10 years will have anime inspired names
I quite like Levi :h:
Helios
21A5788C-D593-4A2B-853A-C998669B72FB.jpg.jpeg
Pretty
Frobisher Battlestar Panic Room Tagliatelle.

and if it is a boy... Derek
Reply 7
I dont know really.....personally i havent thought about it but i do want to have a child when i am 30/31 after getting married at 27/28.

But i kinda wanna know the man after marriage for 3 years before having a baby.
Original post by CharityCross219

thing is though that's not really what Karma means. Karma, a commonly misused term that originates from Buddhism, refers to ideas around rebirth and the Karmic cycle. Today most people's understanding of Karma is that if you do something 'bad', then something 'bad' will happen to you, but that's not what the term truly means. Only name your child something if you know the full meaning of the name
(edited 2 years ago)
Persephone, Sylvia, Clarity, Evidence :smile:

It seems like a lot of unusual names are girls’ names.
Reply 10
Ginny ,Hermoine 😂
''Dad, why is my sister's name Scarlett?''

''Because your mother is a big fan of Scarlett Johansson.''

Okay, thanks Dad!''

''You're welcome Final Fantasy VII Remake.''

Quick Reply

Latest