boyfriend lies all the time

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
my boyfriend lies to me all the time, like over small things and big things
i’ll give you an example, today he told me he was just going to get a lift from his mate from my house back to his and that’s all he was doing, he left my house early because he wanted to spend time with his family
but no, over 2 hours later he is still driving about in the car with his mate, god knows doing what because he also lies to me or just “doesn’t tell me” about the drugs he’s been doing.
he complains that i get weird about it when he goes out with his friends when he just doesn’t tell a word of truth to me
he tells me that i have no reason to not trust him, which he is right he has never done anything bad with another girl but it’s not his actions that i don’t trust it’s the words that come out of his mouth
what do i say to him because i just keep telling him to stop lying to me and it just don’t sink in to his brain so jesus please someone tell me what to say to him to make him understand me because it’s driving me crazy
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do you know he hasn’t done anything bad with another girl if he always lies to you
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Why are you still with him then?

You're wasting your time by waiting for one major lie to come up really.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
How do you know he hasn’t done anything bad with another girl if he always lies to you
in that respect i trust he hasn’t done anything with another girl, i just don’t trust what he says about things like drugs and his friends and things that have happened but i know he’d never do anything with another girl
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Why are you still with him then?

You're wasting your time by waiting for one major lie to come up really.
i don’t know, i like him way way way way too much to end things over it
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
in that respect i trust he hasn’t done anything with another girl, i just don’t trust what he says about things like drugs and his friends and things that have happened but i know he’d never do anything with another girl

You trust a liar.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
my boyfriend lies to me all the time, like over small things and big things
i’ll give you an example, today he told me he was just going to get a lift from his mate from my house back to his and that’s all he was doing, he left my house early because he wanted to spend time with his family
but no, over 2 hours later he is still driving about in the car with his mate, god knows doing what because he also lies to me or just “doesn’t tell me” about the drugs he’s been doing.
he complains that i get weird about it when he goes out with his friends when he just doesn’t tell a word of truth to me
he tells me that i have no reason to not trust him, which he is right he has never done anything bad with another girl but it’s not his actions that i don’t trust it’s the words that come out of his mouth
what do i say to him because i just keep telling him to stop lying to me and it just don’t sink in to his brain so jesus please someone tell me what to say to him to make him understand me because it’s driving me crazy
Why are you with someone like that stop making excuses i rather be single than with a toxic liar
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
You trust a liar.
yes, i don’t know how or what the reason is, i just know he would never do anything like that with another person
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
yes, i don’t know how or what the reason is, i just know he would never do anything like that with another person
If he hasn't cheated yet he will soon
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Trust isn’t just about cheating. It’s perfectly reasonable to expect him to tell you the truth about what he’s doing and very reasonable to be upset if he constantly lies to you. I would never be able to stay in a relationship like the one you’ve described.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

You can’t be so sure when he has lied to you constantly.
Hazzz01
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
why are you with him?
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Living with an Aldridge Prior is easy enough. You just assume that everything that comes out of their mouth is a lie if it suits them in the short term.

EG "I'll only have a pint when I go out with my mates" = he's going to get blind drunk.
"I'm going to stop smoking dope" = he's going to smoke more than ever.
"I'm too ill to work today" = he's throwing a sicky and there's nothing wrong with him at all.

Judge them from what they do and not what they say. Because their words are just a load of Walter Mitty fantasies.

There's no point in challenging them about their lies. Or trying to change them into an honest person.

Just take everything they say with a pinch of salt.

What's less easy to live with is a liar with addictions. Gambling, drinking, drugs, womanising, video gaming, etc.
The 2 often go hand in hand. It's the addiction that makes them a pain to live with.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Living with an Aldridge Prior is easy enough. You just assume that everything that comes out of their mouth is a lie if it suits them in the short term.

EG "I'll only have a pint when I go out with my mates" = he's going to get blind drunk.
"I'm going to stop smoking dope" = he's going to smoke more than ever.
"I'm too ill to work today" = he's throwing a sicky and there's nothing wrong with him at all.

Judge them from what they do and not what they say. Because their words are just a load of Walter Mitty fantasies.

There's no point in challenging them about their lies. Or trying to change them into an honest person.

Just take everything they say with a pinch of salt.

What's less easy to live with is a liar with addictions. Gambling, drinking, drugs, womanising, video gaming, etc.
The 2 often go hand in hand. It's the addiction that makes them a pain to live with.
that is some very good advice, thank you
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
i don’t know, i like him way way way way too much to end things over it
In that case you'll probably just end up like a million other people who get f***ed over
At least you're kinda expecting it though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.69%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (68)
20.92%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.46%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.85%

Watched Threads