Primark. I short changed someone £3.05. Will I get in trouble

Watch
MrUseless
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm relatively new in primark (just started my 4th week on the tills) and have realized that during my shift earlier, I short changed someone and am wondering if I will get into trouble. I believe the amount was £3.05.?
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes you will be arrested for it and possibly face the death penalty.
IlikeDonerKebab
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lmao. nah u wont but do let someone know if u think is serious. also u didn't know and ur new so dw too much. but if ur reaaaaaaaly worried speak to ur manager
something_orphic
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I dont about Primark specially but if its only a small amount then it usually gets overlooked. They might ask who did it but considering multiple people worked on that till then they probably wont find out. Its not a big deal anyway as it was just a small amount. I know someone who managed to mess up by £15 and got told off for that and then proceeded to keep making mistakes.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MrUseless)
Hi, I'm relatively new in primark (just started my 4th week on the tills) and have realized that during my shift earlier, I short changed someone and am wondering if I will get into trouble. I believe the amount was £3.05.?

Ngl when you next see them, probably just give it to them back.

Don’t forget.
happy16
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No you won't get in trouble, they might notice a few extra pounds in your till when cashing up but that's it. It's not really a big deal, just take your time when giving change in future.
rach0
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
did the customer notice? in primark they usually allow ur till to be max £5 down before they start asking questions
MrUseless
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by rach0)
did the customer notice? in primark they usually allow ur till to be max £5 down before they start asking questions
No the customer had left before I realized I had short changed her.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MrUseless)
You should be fine.
If the customer left and didn't realise at the time, then I highly doubt anything will come of it. They probably didn't even notice. If they did notice they had less change in their purse/wallet than they were expecting at some point later on then I doubt they will pin it down to Primark, especially if they went in several shops or spent money on other things.
If your till is up by a small amount then you should be fine. Its mainly if your till is down that shops worry about it (and even then it's only if it's more than a
couple of pound).
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My girl was a supervisor there. She balanced tills daily. I think she said if it's beyond five quid they take the receipts to the cash office, or the cash office spots it and takes it to P&C. P&C will request to look at the cameras. If the cameras show you stealing you're obviously sacked. If it's a calculation error what happens next is up to them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (72)
28.24%
England (87)
34.12%
Belgium (20)
7.84%
Germany (31)
12.16%
Spain (3)
1.18%