The Student Room Group

Growing facial hair

Hello, just had some questions regarding my beard.

For context, I started growing hair on my face pretty late compared to my friends. I had a face as smooth as a baby's bottom up until my second year of uni (which is now). What I want to know is how I can give it more volume, and how to make it grow in general? Right now, I have hair wear a beard would be, but there's no volume, how do I fix that?

p.s Tried looking online but couldn't find anything, probably because I'm not looking in the right places...
Genetics, nothing else. Look at your father/grandfather and see if they have hair, if not then it’s not looking very promising.

Alternatively, try getting some oils, exercising, etc.
Inject testosterone lol 💉
Original post by Bang Outta Order

Now that's just bang outta order:tongue:
Original post by Ax Sleepy
Now that's just bang outta order:tongue:

I was being genuine tho lol
Reply 5

It’s not that serious...yet :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Genetics, nothing else. Look at your father/grandfather and see if they have hair, if not then it’s not looking very promising.

Alternatively, try getting some oils, exercising, etc.

My dad has facial hair, and I’m fairly certain my grandparents do too. Its not like there’s nothing there, but I guess I just wanna speed it up? I’ve heard shaving makes it grow back quicker/stronger, is that an idea?
Original post by Anonymous
My dad has facial hair, and I’m fairly certain my grandparents do too. Its not like there’s nothing there, but I guess I just wanna speed it up? I’ve heard shaving makes it grow back quicker/stronger, is that an idea?

Shaving your facial hair does not make it grow back quicker.

Common Myth.
(edited 2 years ago)
I was being genuine tho lol

Ohh:biggrin:
You can't do anything. If a beard's meant to be its meant to be. Don't try to entwine together a bunch of face pubes to make a psuedo-beard, or use magic beard fluid on it, you will just look a pillock.
Original post by chlamydia9000
You can't do anything. If a beard's meant to be its meant to be. Don't try to entwine together a bunch of face pubes to make a psuedo-beard, or use magic beard fluid on it, you will just look a pillock.

Using beard oil helps moisturise the beard making it healthier. It can make it look fuller, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Quick Reply

Latest