Found out my girlfriend cheated on me in the last lockdown

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm shattered and crying the other day my mate was claiming my girlfriend slept with someone else during lockdown I didn't wanna believe it but he gave me the name of the guy so I confronted him and he said it's true and he enjoyed it so i then confronted my girlfriend and she first denied it but then started crying and admitted it was true and she said it meant nothing she don't know why she did it other than she was lonely without me she pleaded not to break up, I can't trust her anymore any advice is welcome
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you said it: you can't trust her; and sure enough you trusted her not to do this from the beginning and she hurt you

i wouldn't stay with someone who did something that bad and i don't think its good for people that do, but maybe you can work it out

although, what sort of an excuse is 'lonely without you [because of restrictions]' so she broke restrictions to **** someone else?
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
F rest in pepperoni
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm shattered and crying the other day my mate was claiming my girlfriend slept with someone else during lockdown I didn't wanna believe it but he gave me the name of the guy so I confronted him and he said it's true and he enjoyed it so i then confronted my girlfriend and she first denied it but then started crying and admitted it was true and she said it meant nothing she don't know why she did it other than she was lonely without me she pleaded not to break up, I can't trust her anymore any advice is welcome
break off with her. Get a new gf and rub it in her face. Then block her contacts, and watch, as it destroys her.
Anonymous #1
My heart says forgive her but my head says i should end it now she keeps texting that she can't live without me but all I can think of is her ****ing that other guy
Anonymous #1
Yeah I'm gonna message her and say it's over
Leiajade909
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone who cheats isn’t worth it. You are better than her and deserve someone willing to give the same back in return.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
A man really said he enjoyed ****ing your girlfriend to your face....

And she lied? And her excuse was that she missed you. I would’ve been burning ngl the disrespect
littlebirdyxo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
cut her NO slack.

cheating is cheating, end of topic, move onwards and upwards.
Zobia khan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She CHEATED on you.....she wasn't remorseful or sorry when you didn't know about her ****ing another guy(man said she denied it first) ....cut it off with her she doesn't deserve you AT ALL...
Adz2042
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hope you've cut contact by now and dumped her.
Awful to be cheated on, especially when the guy she slept with tells you direct, and says he enjoyed it.
Disrespectful level rockets to 200 when your gf (now ex gf) lies about it initially.
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Apart from this cheating, how is she as a girlfriend?

How compatible with you is she in the most important things in her life?

If she's a generally good girlfriend - apart from the cheating - give her a second chance.
If she's a poor to mediocre girlfriend - apart from the cheating - dump her today.
If she's a generally good girlfriend - apart from the cheating - and there's an incompatability in a core area, such as the number of children you want, or your attitudes to money, dump her.

Everybody makes mistakes. As a general rule, it's fine to give people 2nd chances. It's not so fine to give them 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th chances.

If you do give her a 2nd chance put this cheating behind you - totally. Don't harp on about it. Be cool about it. Don't give her more of a hard time about it. She already knows she mucked up.

Treat today as a fresh start in your relationship, if you do decide to stay with her.

You can have the last laugh on the other guy because she's gone back to you, instead of going over to him.

As for trust: never trust anyone. Apart from yourself. Always keep an open mind that cheating and betrayals can and do happen. Without getting paranoid about things.
Complete trust is not necessary in order to have a happy long term relationship with someone.
Last edited by Dunnig Kruger; 1 month ago
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Apart from this cheating, how is she as a girlfriend?

How compatible with you is she in the most important things in her life?

If she's a generally good girlfriend - apart from the cheating - give her a second chance.
If she's a poor to mediocre girlfriend - apart from the cheating - dump her today.
If she's a generally good girlfriend - apart from the cheating - and there's an incompatability in a core area, such as the number of children you want, or your attitudes to money, dump her.

Everybody makes mistakes. As a general rule, it's fine to give people 2nd chances. It's not so fine to give them 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th chances.

If you do give her a 2nd chance put this cheating behind you - totally. Don't harp on about it. Be cool about it. Don't give her more of a hard time about it. She already knows she mucked up.

Treat today as a fresh start in your relationship, if you do decide to stay with her.

You can have the last laugh on the other guy because she's gone back to you, instead of going over to him.

As for trust: never trust anyone. Apart from yourself. Always keep an open mind that cheating and betrayals can and do happen. Without getting paranoid about things.
Complete trust is not necessary in order to have a happy long term relationship with someone.
Honestly tapped advice 😂. You 100% wouldn't be saying this if the genders were reversed. He should dump her today end of. Cheating is unforgivable.
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly tapped advice 😂. You 100% wouldn't be saying this if the genders were reversed. He should dump her today end of. Cheating is unforgivable.
Oh yes I would.

Cheating is forgiveable. It's all down to whether the cheater is special enough in other areas to warrant being given a second chance.

Nobody's perfect. My philosophy is that mistakes are forgiveable - especially when the person making it learns from it.

I personally wouldn't end a beautiful relationship with a wonderful and compatible person over 1 episode of cheating.
I would end a mediocre relationship over cheating.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (46)
37.7%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
9.84%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.1%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
23.77%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (20)
16.39%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.2%

Watched Threads