The Student Room Group

did anyone get predicted a fail in gcse/Alevels

did anyone get predicted a fail i neither a level or GCSE? id be interested to know as a mate of mine did a levels and his teachers predicted him fail them all

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zooface1234
did anyone get predicted a fail i neither a level or GCSE? id be interested to know as a mate of mine did a levels and his teachers predicted him fail them all

I was predicted to get a 2 in GCSE french but I got a 5 in the end, so merci beaucoup
thats cool
My mocks didn’t go great so I was predicted a U in English Language GCSE, ended up with an 8. Predicted 3 in lit and got a 7.
i dont get it tho, if you were predicted a 3 how can u get a 7, in fact how can your grade change, wasntyour prediction your final grade?
(edited 2 years ago)
i dont get it tho, if you were predicted a 3 how can u get a 7, in fact how can your grade change, wasntyour prediction your final grade?

before covid, people used to actually sit exams and not just be given grades based on teachers' predictions
(edited 2 years ago)

The school often sets low predictions so they can look good when the pupils achieve higher.

Its nothing but trying to look good.
Original post by CaptainDuckie
The school often sets low predictions so they can look good when the pupils achieve higher.

Its nothing but trying to look good.

My teachers just didn't believe in me haha.
r

Original post by black tea
before covid, people used to actually sit exams and not just be given grades based on teachers' predictions

right ofc i get u lol
how did u do that
Bro thats insane. how many hours did u study and how did u study effectively
mainly the sciences and econ tbh
nope, whats that? Do u have insta?
I got really bad GCSES, I got a 3 one of them but got above 4s for the rest, so do what you please with that information.
sheeeeeesh
Chemistry and maths? Thanks.
Yeah that makes sense, it's pretty much what I do, I just use another website which has questions per topic as well as whole past papers. I just struggle hugely with being motivated to revise, my exams start on Monday and then I'm done with school. I generally work at a grade 7 for most subjects but in my mocks I didn't do the best so I need to get, like, 80%+ on my science tests to warrant a TAG of 7. You have any revision tips for low motivation? Like how to get efficient revision in even when in a procrastinating mood? Thanks a ton

Subjects I take at GCSE: (thought it might be useful)
Sports Science
Higher maths
Higher Triple Science
Geography
French
English
Do you still have pictures of notes/flashcards or general revision material you made still? Would be greatly appreciated!
Haha no problem, do you have instagram or discord? Maybe I could ask you for help on there instead
Cool, I'll add it now

Quick Reply

Latest