The Student Room Group

Living as an ugly man.

I'm a very ugly man. 35 years single and counting... Lets see if I can make 40!

*Crys inside*

Scroll to see replies

Why are you single? Why do you think you won’t live until 40? Why do you think you’re ugly?
Reply 2
Original post by deciduous
Why are you single? Why do you think you won’t live until 40? Why do you think you’re ugly?

I don't mean I'm going to off myself. I'm saying I wonder if I can make it to 40 having never been in a relationship as if it is a good thing, as a joke. It of course is not a good thing... not at all.

I think I'm ugly because I have very bad facial and body proportions, more so the face than the body for sure, body isn't all that terrible. I have also never had interest from women, even though I have tried, they just don't like me. The fact I'm not some masculine guy, fairly timid naturally, can't grow facial hair, don't have a strong jaw, strong physique, look very young but not in a good way, all that. Just all adds to the ugliness.

Good point. No. Considering how ugly I am I'm pretty sure I'm undead, that would explain it.

In some ways I do love myself. Looks wise I certainly don't, but I still try to look good. Unfortunately loving yourself doesn't give you a magic ticket to a relationship.
Reply 3
Indeed.
being realistic you can rule out some airhead bimbo suddenly getting the hots for you. however, 90% of women appreciate men for their personal qualities; you do not need to look like a steroid bunny to find romance.
Have you actually tried though, like really tried? Not just asked a woman out once and then spent the rest of your time standing in a corner hoping women approach you.
Reply 6
There's plenty of ugly broads in the UK as well, who might be in the same situation as you. Anyway, figure out if you can increase your physical attractiveness, work out and get in better shape.
Original post by jizzbomb
There's plenty of ugly broads in the UK as well, who might be in the same situation as you.

a five minute visit to any supermarket will confirm this.
Reply 8
I suppose moving to Birmingham could work.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a very ugly man. 35 years single and counting... Lets see if I can make 40!

*Crys inside*

But being single it elite. You get so much freedom to do whatever. Why do you want a relationship so bad?
Original post by Qxi.xli
But being single it elite. You get so much freedom to do whatever. Why do you want a relationship so bad?

I know wtf who wants a relationship really anyway.

Apart from the affection of another human being, someone to talk to, someone to share things with and put your resources together to get a great place to live together, go on great holidays with and experience new things, someone to enjoy pleasures of the flesh with, someone to maybe even have a family with.

You know... rather than just doing everything alone all the time and only really caring about money because otherwise all your experiences are just for yourself and therefore don't really matter.
I know wtf who wants a relationship really anyway.

Apart from the affection of another human being, someone to talk to, someone to share things with and put your resources together to get a great place to live together, go on great holidays with and experience new things, someone to enjoy pleasures of the flesh with, someone to maybe even have a family with.

You know... rather than just doing everything alone all the time and only really caring about money because otherwise all your experiences are just for yourself and therefore don't really matter.

Wait are you the OP?
If you've tried dating, what sort of women do you approach (in terms of looks and personality)? And then, what's your ideal woman like in terms of looks and personality?
Original post by Qxi.xli
Wait are you the OP?

Yes.
Original post by deciduous

Some circular arguments here...

He is single because he is very ugly as he says. He will make probably until 90 but he would still be ugly and single. Simples. What part don't you not get??
I don't mean I'm going to off myself. I'm saying I wonder if I can make it to 40 having never been in a relationship as if it is a good thing, as a joke. It of course is not a good thing... not at all.

I think I'm ugly because I have very bad facial and body proportions, more so the face than the body for sure, body isn't all that terrible. I have also never had interest from women, even though I have tried, they just don't like me. The fact I'm not some masculine guy, fairly timid naturally, can't grow facial hair, don't have a strong jaw, strong physique, look very young but not in a good way, all that. Just all adds to the ugliness.

Good point. No. Considering how ugly I am I'm pretty sure I'm undead, that would explain it.

In some ways I do love myself. Looks wise I certainly don't, but I still try to look good. Unfortunately loving yourself doesn't give you a magic ticket to a relationship.

And you probably will never get any interest from women the way you go. I am sure you could live up to 90 and still being single as when you was 35. If humans lived up to 300 your situation would have been the same.

For a starter go to the gym.
For all sort of reasons.
Original post by the bear
being realistic you can rule out some airhead bimbo suddenly getting the hots for you. however, 90% of women appreciate men for their personal qualities; you do not need to look like a steroid bunny to find romance.

Naaaah!! What personal qualities are you talking about?! Are you living in a parallel Universe?!

Where did you get this 90% figure??
If you are 35 you must have a job so if you want to look better try plastic surgery in a facial feature that you hate, join the gym or something. I don't mean it in an offensive way, it will make you feel better about yourself.
Original post by Bushyasta
And you probably will never get any interest from women the way you go. I am sure you could live up to 90 and still being single as when you was 35. If humans lived up to 300 your situation would have been the same.

For a starter go to the gym.
For all sort of reasons.

I was once told by a girl that you need to be fit for all sorts of reasons, good health, sex, etc, etc. She had a good point, OP needs to know that if he lacks stamina it can show in the bedroom. I'm not overweight but I'm not that muscly either. So gym is a good option, muscles can attract women but he'll need to go 4-5 times a week for at least 1-2 hours or so for at least a good year before differences start showing.

Other options are available, so long as you can max out in a particular area then attracting a woman becomes a lot easier from what I've seen. I don't max out in anything at the moment, neither does OP. If he got pretty wealthy he would attract women, materialistic women most likely but women all the same. If he was good socially he would attract women, etc, etc. Maxing out in something isn't easy or possible in done areas for some people otherwise we'd all do it.

I think OP being timid is a big minus for him as women avoid introverted guys like the plague. I think OP would be best just trying to enjoy what he can out of life and having a laugh doing whatever he chooses to do. He could find an area that draws he's interest an really get involved in it, enjoy being engrossed in it and try to improve his life that way.
Original post by Gavin2016
I was once told by a girl that you need to be fit for all sorts of reasons, good health, sex, etc, etc. She had a good point, OP needs to know that if he lacks stamina it can show in the bedroom. I'm not overweight but I'm not that muscly either. So gym is a good option, muscles can attract women but he'll need to go 4-5 times a week for at least 1-2 hours or so for at least a good year before differences start showing.

Other options are available, so long as you can max out in a particular area then attracting a woman becomes a lot easier from what I've seen. I don't max out in anything at the moment, neither does OP. If he got pretty wealthy he would attract women, materialistic women most likely but women all the same. If he was good socially he would attract women, etc, etc. Maxing out in something isn't easy or possible in done areas for some people otherwise we'd all do it.

I think OP being timid is a big minus for him as women avoid introverted guys like the plague. I think OP would be best just trying to enjoy what he can out of life and having a laugh doing whatever he chooses to do. He could find an area that draws he's interest an really get involved in it, enjoy being engrossed in it and try to improve his life that way.

Yes definitely. Most women are materialistic. Not all though. But if you want to get laid it's rather easy. Going into a relationship is harder and maintaining it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending