The Student Room Group

what are some good universities with low entry requirements?

cause i'm dumb as hell
Worcester and Staffordshire unis both have really low entry requirements.
You could also apply for foundation years as the grades will be lower than going straight into year 1
Reply 2
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
Worcester and Staffordshire unis both have really low entry requirements.
You could also apply for foundation years as the grades will be lower than going straight into year 1

yh that's very far from me hahaha but thank you
What area are you looking at?
What subject is this for and what are your predicted grades?
Depends on what you consider "good" (graduate prospects? academic offerings? "prestige"? drinking opportunities?) and what you consider "low" for entry criteria. It might also vary depending on what it is you actually want to study...
Look at middle range Unis like Oxford Brookes, Sussex, Plymouth, Nottingham Trent, Aberystwyth, Reading, Leicester, City etc.
All 'sensible Unis' but without mega grade requirements - and often have far more interesting, more useful, courses than Russell Group Unis.
All of the ex-teacher training colleges are excellent universities (but because they’re newer they’re less well known and so less popular) - chichester, winchester, Liverpool hope, worcester and a whole bunch of others. Because they’re based on teacher training they’re GOOD at teaching - so even though entry requirements are low they will coach their students to improve.
Reply 8
Original post by one_two_three
What area are you looking at?

London
Reply 9
Original post by something_orphic
What subject is this for and what are your predicted grades?

Biology,Psychology
BBB-predicted
Original post by AlixshaxAli
London

City, Roehampton, Kingston, Middlesex.
Biology,Psychology
BBB-predicted

I was expecting much lower grades than that- BBB is actually pretty decent :smile:
Could consider Essex and Reading as well depending on where you live in London and if you are willing to commute
Original post by McGinger
City, Roehampton, Kingston, Middlesex.

Depends how close to Central London you want to be. Brunel and Royal Holloway are likely to be in that range but are out in West London. Reading, Kent and Essex arent too far away. If you are happy to travel further all the Welsh universities will likely accept you together with universities in the Midlands or North. Probably 3/4 of the universities will accept you with those grades.
Hey @AlixshaxAli,

I can totally appreciate how overwhelming applying to universities can be and how the entry requirements can seem really high but please try your best not to worry! In terms of Reading Uni the applications are considered on a case by case basis and this means that sometimes students do get in even with lower grades than stated on the site. Additionally, Reading Uni offers a one-grade drop if you firm us.

There are also other options including a foundation year. I know multiple people who did a foundation year before they started their first year of pharmacy and have now progressed through the course extremely successfully.

I hope this helps you out and feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
From,

Amina 😊
3rd year pharmacy student
(edited 2 years ago)
Biology,Psychology
BBB-predicted

Have you looked at Liverpool? It's in the Russell Group but you could probably get in with those grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending