The Student Room Group

Brandenburg GCSE Music Edexcel Additional Assessment Material Rhythm

One of the 2020 questions in Edexcel's Additional Assessment Material for Music GCSE was 'Describe the rhythm played by this solo instrument before the entry of the next instrument.' The instrument is violin BTW and its talking about the very first bars of the Brandenburg Concerto. I know it has a kind of anacrusis, then a dotted rhythm, then triplets, but it is only one mark and the line is quite short as if they're looking for a single word. Any ideas?
Reply 1
Original post by chipperpotato
One of the 2020 questions in Edexcel's Additional Assessment Material for Music GCSE was 'Describe the rhythm played by this solo instrument before the entry of the next instrument.' The instrument is violin BTW and its talking about the very first bars of the Brandenburg Concerto. I know it has a kind of anacrusis, then a dotted rhythm, then triplets, but it is only one mark and the line is quite short as if they're looking for a single word. Any ideas?

hi do you know where we can get the additional assessment material? we've been through all the past papers to revise. i have my exam next week and i know it will be on the 2019 so im trying to revisee
Reply 2
For what you asked btw i think it would be dotted
Original post by mupu26
hi do you know where we can get the additional assessment material? we've been through all the past papers to revise. i have my exam next week and i know it will be on the 2019 so im trying to revisee

Sorry hope this isn't too late :/

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/music-2016.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=Pearson-UK:Category%2FTeaching-and-learning-materials

It's here then scroll down to Summer 2021 assessment material for students
Original post by mupu26
For what you asked btw i think it would be dotted

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest