The Student Room Group

Unit 1 applied science 2021

Anyone done the unit 1 2021 paper?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i did except chem
Reply 2
Hi can you tell me everything that came up for physics and bio I sit it tomorrow
Reply 3
Original post by KatieRae
Hi can you tell me everything that came up for physics and bio I sit it tomorrow

Can you let us know how it goes tomorrow when u sit it?
Reply 4
Original post by Zaib02

Yes I will do x
Reply 5
Yes I will do x

Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Zaib02

The physics 6 marker was about sodium lamp diffraction grating, there was a tension equation question, multiplexing for broadband, features of fibre optics and some wave questions. The bio starts with ECG diagram and p wave, the 6 marker was about lymphocytes and neutrophils, there was nerve impulse questions and serotonin and a magnification question. The chem was hard to be honest there was like only one expected mass question, the rest was about melting point and periodic table trends, drawing an ionic dot cross diagram, the 6 marker was for intermolecular forces
Reply 7
Original post by 23jooi
The physics 6 marker was about sodium lamp diffraction grating, there was a tension equation question, multiplexing for broadband, features of fibre optics and some wave questions. The bio starts with ECG diagram and p wave, the 6 marker was about lymphocytes and neutrophils, there was nerve impulse questions and serotonin and a magnification question. The chem was hard to be honest there was like only one expected mass question, the rest was about melting point and periodic table trends, drawing an ionic dot cross diagram, the 6 marker was for intermolecular forces

My exams got cancelled and I’m doing it on Thursday do you have the paper on you x
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
where can i actually find the 2021 applied science exam paper?
Reply 9
Original post by Zaib02
where can i actually find the 2021 applied science exam paper?

That’s what I need rnnnn
Reply 10
That’s what I need rnnnn

saamee! lool
Reply 11
That’s what I need rnnnn

you cant find it anywhere its on the pearson website but you need a teachers log in. only past papers you can get from their website here are the 2017 ones https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html/student?Qualification-Family=BTEC-Nationals&Qualification-Subject=Applied%20Science%20(2016)&Status=Pearson-UK:s-smilie:tatus%2FLive&Specification-Code=Pearson-UK:s-smilie:pecification-Code%2Fnat16-appsci
Reply 12
Original post by 23jooi
you cant find it anywhere its on the pearson website but you need a teachers log in. only past papers you can get from their website here are the 2017 ones [url=https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html/student?Qualification-Family=BTEC-Nationals&Qualification-Subject=Applied%20Science%20(2016)&Status=Pearson-UK:Status%2FLive&Specification-Code=Pearson-UK[excludedFace]s-smilie[/excludedFace]pecification-Code%2Fnat16-appsci]https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html/student?Qualification-Family=BTEC-Nationals&Qualification-Subject=Applied%20Science%20(2016)&Status=Pearson-UK:s-smilie:tatus%2FLive&Specification-Code=Pearson-UK:s-smilie:pecification-Code%2Fnat16-appsci

Did the teacher not give you back yours?
Reply 13
Original post by 23jooi
i did except chem

what did you do for bio?
Reply 14
Original post by EmhaV
what did you do for bio?

bio paper
lymphocytes and phagocytes functions and differences
ECG question pwave question
magnification question
light microscope advantages other than being cheaper and easy to use
why do neurotransmitters need to be reabsorbed?
drug f stops the reabsorption of serotonin how does this affect mood
why is the heart considered an organ?
Reply 15
Original post by chisa56
bio paper
magnification question

Did you do edexcel?
Reply 16
Did you do edexcel?

pearson btec level 3
Original post by chisa56
bio paper
magnification question

Have you done Chem
Reply 18
Did the teacher not give you back yours?

they were all separate and i got the bio one back in class but she took it back so :/
Reply 19
Original post by Lananaann
Have you done Chem

talk about melting point in relation to intermolecular forces (of water and methane) this was the 6 marker
expected mass question
how ionic bonding carries charge when molten/solution
lots of periodic trend 2/3 marker questions so practice those
draw dot cross diagram of an ionic compound i forgot what it was
all in all the 2021 paper was pretty good i would say

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending