The Student Room Group

Stay awake tablets?

Does anyone know of strong over-the-counter tablets to keep me awake all day? I'm sick of being sleepy, i already get good hours of sleep every night and i want to sleep every hour after that. I need to get my assignments done but i'm always nodding off. I need tablets, I don't like coffee either
Coffee! :biggrin:
PRSOM t.t

The guy might have narcolepsy or something similar, though.
Reply 3

I'm sleeping 8-9 hours and my eyes are still tired, heavy and i can't concentrate on anything. Its like i need to sleep more.
Reply 4
What Ecolier said on this to be honest, not to mention taking whacking great amounts of caffeine has its own problems, i had something similar and eventually got referred to a sleep clinc to get the answer. I might cry if they inflict a cpap mask on me :lol:
Reply 5

Original post by Napp
What Ecolier said on this to be honest, not to mention taking whacking great amounts of caffeine has its own problems, i had something similar and eventually got referred to a sleep clinc to get the answer. I might cry if they inflict a cpap mask on me :lol:

Oh no I hope you're better now. I only just need something for 2 weeks :frown: It'll probs take that much time to get meds from the doctor by that time lol
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

Oh no I hope you're better now. I only just need something for 2 weeks :frown: It'll probs take that much time to get meds from the doctor by that time lol

Ho ho, that'll be the day, but thanks for asking, nah the wait list for the sleep clinic is half a year so i've been told to suck it up in the mean time :lol:
Best of luck to yourself though, daytime grogginess can be a real ******* to deal with!
Reply 7
Original post by Callicious
PRSOM t.t

The guy might have narcolepsy or something similar, though.

I have diagnosed Narcolepsy... contrary to how it's thought to be sleeping all the time I never sleep for 2 hours without waking in the night let along 8 hours. (I wish). It's a common misconception. You actually never go into proper sleep with Narcolepsy and meds aren't something that you should take lightly because you may have an undiagnosed heart condition. It could be fatal taking certain pills. Definitely see a doc because it may be something as simple as anaemia where they'll take a blood test and give you iron tablets. Best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest