The Student Room Group

Why aim for perfection

when you can always aim for good enough?
It can be worth aiming for perfection sometimes, within reason, because you’ll accomplish bigger and better things than if you just strove to be good enough.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
It can be worth aiming for perfection sometimes, within reason, because you’ll accomplish bigger and better things than if you just strove to be good enough.

Why would you want to accomplish bigger and better things?
Original post by Anonymous

why would someone old enough to use a computer but simple enough to not know the answer to that question bother asking?
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
why would someone old enough to use a computer but simple enough to not know the answer to that question bother asking?

No I don’t see the point in accomplishing better things in a system that continually oppresses individuals and drains you of everything you have.
No I don’t see the point in accomplishing better things in a system that continually oppresses individuals and drains you of everything you have.

The things you achieve don’t have to be better in ways defined by the system. They could include, for example, working to make the system less oppressive and draining. There are many ways to do that.

Why are you saying it like it's smthn bad

also there is no good enough cuz there will always be better

I don’t aim for perfection. I aim for the best I can do. ‘Good enough’ comes across as a bit lazy to me.
Reply 8
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
The things you achieve don’t have to be better in ways defined by the system. They could include, for example, working to make the system less oppressive and draining. There are many ways to do that.

What ways? Advocating? Activism? I know, but there needs to be something much more large scale than that.
Reply 9
There needs to be a revolution

I agree that the system is bad, but you can't simply do "just good" if the place that you want to get to requires you to push for perfection. Unfortunately, the system isn't catered for everyone. You have to play the game if you want to succeed in a system that's built to shape students into a mould. I also despise the education system here ,but complaining won't get me anywhere.:dontknow:
I think the following quote from Jean Lorrah's book Survivors is relevent:

"To want the impossible is self-defeating and can only end in frustration. To wish for an unattainable goal, however, may mean achieving possible ones that one may not otherwise consider" (Data to Tasha Yar)

Original post by Bang Outta Order

istg exactly my reaction 😂
this question prob made ella cry:biggrin:
ella the perfectionest
goldie the lazy
:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending