The Student Room Group

University of derby interview for midwifery

University of derby for midwifery-
What kind of questions do they ask? How does the interview go? I haven’t prepared fo anything exams for jn the way :/ someone help
(edited 2 years ago)
Why do you want to be a Midwife? Why would you make a good Midwife? Why would I want you as my Midwife?
What relevant work experience have you done?
What do you know about 'NHS Values'?
Questions about common complications of pregnancy or birth.
Give me an example of when you ..........
Etc.
Original post by McGinger
Why do you want to be a Midwife? Why would you make a good Midwife? Why would I want you as my Midwife?
What relevant work experience have you done?
What do you know about 'NHS Values'?
Questions about common complications of pregnancy or birth.
Give me an example of when you ..........
Etc.

Thank you!
Its usually very predictable.
Original post by McGinger
Its usually very predictable.

Do they do group interviews? I received an email and it was to me and a couple other people. Have you ever come across anything like tthat?
Original post by arzz11
Do they do group interviews? I received an email and it was to me and a couple other people. Have you ever come across anything like tthat?

Yes they do group interviews especially at present as unable to do individual interviews face to face but hopefully in near future they can start doing this again.
When I did my interview few years now for midwifing I did a one to one with interview as had more time to ask & answer things and others had group interviews. I'm now a registered midwife as qualified almost 2 years ago.

Also learn about the 6 C's of nursing.
Why you picked that university for your course.

Did you get ask to do a short presentation on a certain subject on midwifing !!
Original post by Tracey_W
Yes they do group interviews especially at present as unable to do individual interviews face to face but hopefully in near future they can start doing this again.
When I did my interview few years now for midwifing I did a one to one with interview as had more time to ask & answer things and others had group interviews. I'm now a registered midwife as qualified almost 2 years ago.

Also learn about the 6 C's of nursing.
Why you picked that university for your course.

Did you get ask to do a short presentation on a certain subject on midwifing !!

Ooh I think mines a group interview I’m very nervous, not sure how it’ goes :’(.
I wasn’t asked to do any presentations nope.
Thank you for your advice and response.
Original post by arzz11
Ooh I think mines a group interview I’m very nervous, not sure how it’ goes :’(.
I wasn’t asked to do any presentations nope.
Thank you for your advice and response.

Hi
Don't be nervous as you'll be fine with it as just make sure you are well prepared for it ok x
You'll hopefully get opportunity to ask things afterwards .
Good luck with it when you have it xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending