The Student Room Group

I feel like leaving

I can't lie this Ramadan personally has been less spiritually gifted for me. I think I committed more sins in Ramadan. My relationship with my friends have become non existant to the point I only just ask for advice, I don't have any one to fully have a convo with. I have sinned intentionally this Month and if I turn back and ask for repentance for those I have hurt and repent to God I feel like a hypocrite. I have decided that its best If I leave this religion and religion in general seeing as if God doesn't want me nor the people that I love.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I can't lie this Ramadan personally has been less spiritually gifted for me. I think I committed more sins in Ramadan. My relationship with my friends have become non existant to the point I only just ask for advice, I don't have any one to fully have a convo with. I have sinned intentionally this Month and if I turn back and ask for repentance for those I have hurt and repent to God I feel like a hypocrite. I have decided that its best If I leave this religion and religion in general seeing as if God doesn't want me nor the people that I love.

Aw I’m sorry you feel this way. But you also need to remember that it’s never too late to repent and ask for forgiveness from God. Sometimes, God tests you so that you turn to him and be closer to Him. You’ve sinned and are clearly regretting it, maybe you can use that as a start and seek forgiveness. Build your faith back up from there, start praying if you don’t already, even if it’s only one prayer a day making sure you’re consistent. Once you start praying you’ll automatically feel everything fall into place. It might not be straight away, but honestly one thing I’ve learnt is that prayer is genuinely the way to success, I promise you. You need to remember that God never burdens a souls with more that they can bear, so please don’t lose faith.
Ultimately though, it’s your choice if you’re willing to rebuild your faith back up or not and if you want to of course.

As for your friends, maybe try to speak to them more often on a regular basis, not just for when you need advice. Then they’ll feel that you really do care about them, and you’ll feel better too. Plus they’ll be more likely to speak to you more as well once they feel that your friendship is not one sided.
I hope your situation gets better x

I hope this
Reply 2
Aw I’m sorry you feel this way. But you also need to remember that it’s never too late to repent and ask for forgiveness from God. Sometimes, God tests you so that you turn to him and be closer to Him. You’ve sinned and are clearly regretting it, maybe you can use that as a start and seek forgiveness. Build your faith back up from there, start praying if you don’t already, even if it’s only one prayer a day making sure you’re consistent. Once you start praying you’ll automatically feel everything fall into place. It might not be straight away, but honestly one thing I’ve learnt is that prayer is genuinely the way to success, I promise you. You need to remember that God never burdens a souls with more that they can bear, so please don’t lose faith.
Ultimately though, it’s your choice if you’re willing to rebuild your faith back up or not and if you want to of course.

As for your friends, maybe try to speak to them more often on a regular basis, not just for when you need advice. Then they’ll feel that you really do care about them, and you’ll feel better too. Plus they’ll be more likely to speak to you more as well once they feel that your friendship is not one sided.
I hope your situation gets better x

I hope this

Thank you. The thing is this sin if I have done since I was little and have had a problem with it ever since. I try to refrain from doing it but temptation is so vast. I look on social media as well and see how others praise the religion and have a sense of spirituality (something I wish I had god bless them) and ponder on the fact they are much more spiritually closer. Made me also wonder if I keep doing this sin intentionally and repent will I have the same, no I won't. I am undeserving of such so decide to leave based on above and other factors to previously mentioned
Reply 3
As with my friends I can't do much. I am at a point in my life where I feel so low, so abandoned and need someone to talk to and comfort me but the experiences I have had with my friends made me believe its very hard to trust people and maintain said trust/friendship
Thank you. The thing is this sin if I have done since I was little and have had a problem with it ever since. I try to refrain from doing it but temptation is so vast. I look on social media as well and see how others praise the religion and have a sense of spirituality (something I wish I had god bless them) and ponder on the fact they are much more spiritually closer. Made me also wonder if I keep doing this sin intentionally and repent will I have the same, no I won't. I am undeserving of such so decide to leave based on above and other factors to previously mentioned

Hey no matter how big the sin is you need to remember that God will always forgive you. Even if you think it’s too big to be forgiven. x
Sometimes, some Sins are so addictive, and it’s all about controlling your nafs and self discipline. You need to stop being so hard on yourself bro. Trying to stop doing the sin when it’s addictive will take a lot of patience, firm will and honestly it’ll probably take a bit of time. The way I’ve tried to stop my own bad addictions is by limiting it. I haven’t completely been able to stop, it won’t happen overnight. You need to give yourself boundaries, so for eg say you’re doing it every day, give yourself a restriction that you’ll only do it 3x a week, and then once you’ve adjusted to that reduce it so it’s once a week, and then work from there. This is personally what has helped me, I realise it will be different for everyone but I hope it helps, it’s worth a try.
Also make sure you’re making dua’a to Allah to help you in stopping that sin. It really helps. Allah is the one that guides you to make du’aa, so that means he Wants to accept it and make it come true.
Also remember that the fact that you’re feeling guilty is a good thing - dont let it make you go further from the deen, but use it as a reminder that the only reason you’re still guilty is because you still care about the deen, so you need to work on improving yourself
Also even if you continue that sin, stay Regular in your salah and read Quran. It helps when you’re trying to refrain yourself from that sin.
In social media, literally majority of the people online appear to be religious, but if you were to know them on a level, is hardly true. Social media is literally all appearances, please don’t let it deter you from asking for forgiveness and trying to improve your deen. It’s hard, but trust me it will be so worth it. I personally post on my stories some religious stuff, but that doesn’t mean I’m religious in the slightest. More than half the time what I post is a reminder for myself before anyone else, because I might think I’m struggling in that particular thing.
As with my friends I can't do much. I am at a point in my life where I feel so low, so abandoned and need someone to talk to and comfort me but the experiences I have had with my friends made me believe its very hard to trust people and maintain said trust/friendship

I completely get what you mean about trusting people, especially once they broken the trust :frown: but honestly If you need to talk you can always pm me. I’m anonymous right now, so if you want you can share your username or I’ll share mine if you want. Or we can talk through this thread if you prefer.
Reply 6
I completely get what you mean about trusting people, especially once they broken the trust :frown: but honestly If you need to talk you can always pm me. I’m anonymous right now, so if you want you can share your username or I’ll share mine if you want. Or we can talk through this thread if you prefer.

yh thank you. God (or whatever) bless people like you. But what I mean is I intentionally committed sin (knowing God or whoever is watching several times but my nafs or some voice in my head said not). Its gotten bad to the point I broke some of my fasts during Ramadan and now have to either fast consecutively for 60 days or pay some tax and honestly I have no means to do them and don't know what to do and its that point I realised maybe doing this thing I am doing is what I meant to and questioned whether or not I am suitable for such a religion or any religion in fact
yh thank you. God (or whatever) bless people like you. But what I mean is I intentionally committed sin (knowing God or whoever is watching several times but my nafs or some voice in my head said not). Its gotten bad to the point I broke some of my fasts during Ramadan and now have to either fast consecutively for 60 days or pay some tax and honestly I have no means to do them and don't know what to do and its that point I realised maybe doing this thing I am doing is what I meant to and questioned whether or not I am suitable for such a religion or any religion in fact

aww this is actually making me emotional man :frown: Of course you’re suitable for religion, you just need to believe you are and have the firm conviction. Everyone has ups and downs, and even though you’re intentionally committing sin you’re still regretting it, so you should try to repent and better urself. If it’s a sin that you do when you’re alone, try to go somewhere public and then you’ll feel less compelled to give in. If it’s a sin you do when you’re around people, like swearing or other things, stay away from those people and go to the local masjid and just sit there and do Ibadah or seclude yourself at home. That way you’ll be less likely to break your fast, because you’re already restraining yourself so much and youll see no reason for you to break the fast.
Also this is probably sounding ironic, but fasting makes you less likely to commit sin, because you’re already restraining yourself from food, which makes it easier and gives you more strength to restrain yourself from sin. If you really want to stop committing the sin, try fasting even outside of Ramadan. It apparently helps a lot :smile:
A lot of people commit sins whilst knowing it’s a sin, but not everyone repents and comes back from it. Even if it’s a huge sin, if you seek forgiveness and are sincere, which you sound very sincere and guilty btw, you’re able to improve yourself. Don’t think that just because of your intentional sin you’re not deserving of religion.
Of course what you do is up to you, I hope whatever you choose to do works out in your favour. Like I said if you need to talk feel free to message on here or give your user/tell me to give you mine.
become jewish
Just think about why you believed in the first place. Is it because that's how you were raised? Then question whether that's a good reason to believe anything. If it's causing you so much turmoil, think about how the very concept of god is unfalsifiable, so there is no reason to engage with that belief. Once you realise this, I think things will be a lot easier for you, rather than feeling guilt/thinking that an all-powerful being has condemned you.
a sign of strong iman is actually feeling guilty for the sin.
you feel guilty about it now you are worried
Allah is the most merciful and the most forgiving, he loves you so much, he is your creator, you know how much a mother loves her child? that is not even close to how much Allah loves us. Please don't feel like this, repent and Allah will forgive you
Please don't leave i beg you, don't do this to yourself. Once we go from this life there is no coming back and leaving islam will be the biggest sin ever
Listen, everyone has low times in their iman, everyone reaches low but you can always try to get back up.
Have you prayed? if not try, pray to Allah and cry out your worries and talk to him, you will feel at peace
Remember not everyone is perfect, this is a test for you and you can do it. Sometimes sins are hard to stop but imagine the reward if you do?
i beg you don't leave, i can be your bestfriend and we can go through this together, a journey to solidify our deen and get closer to Allah swt
I can add you to my islamic private story on snapchat, maybe gaining more knowledge on islam will help you
but please don't leave, don't leave Allah your creator ):
God does want you, Allah loves you.
sometimes moments in life happen like this, but please don't let it lead to something like this, we can grow through it together

hey, i'm here, i'll be that person who can comfort you, talk to you and everything. let me be here for you while irl friends come on their way, i will make dua for you ): just please don't do this
Wait I thought you were Christian?? Didn't you mention you were a couple of times.
Sorry for the intrusive questions, only reply if it is no biggie ( :
look, we all randomly found this thread out of millions on this app? imagine Allah is helping you, he is sending you people to guide you back so you don't leave - there is hope, please hear me out, you are chosen by Allah to be guided ): imagine how special YOU are <3

Ah, guess I was just missing the was.
Well if it gets lonely, you are more than welcome to join my Satanic cult. We host pizza Mondays. (:

Spoiler

I relate to this so much! I completely get that; and sometimes even if you do not believe in the religion anymore, the freedoms are hard to fully enjoy as a result of the conditioning and indoctrination we have endured for years. Gets wired into your brain.
But the beautiful thing is, through that struggle and finding something else to fill your life besides what you were taught blindly, you will find yourself embarking on a more authentic and fulfilling path I find. Especially when you form your own values and perceptions without direct outside influence. You tend to find peace when you form your world view like that, without any fear-mongering or written rules.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by bugaboo02
a sign of strong iman is actually feeling guilty for the sin.
you feel guilty about it now you are worried
Allah is the most merciful and the most forgiving, he loves you so much, he is your creator, you know how much a mother loves her child? that is not even close to how much Allah loves us. Please don't feel like this, repent and Allah will forgive you
Please don't leave i beg you, don't do this to yourself. Once we go from this life there is no coming back and leaving islam will be the biggest sin ever
Listen, everyone has low times in their iman, everyone reaches low but you can always try to get back up.
Have you prayed? if not try, pray to Allah and cry out your worries and talk to him, you will feel at peace
Remember not everyone is perfect, this is a test for you and you can do it. Sometimes sins are hard to stop but imagine the reward if you do?
i beg you don't leave, i can be your bestfriend and we can go through this together, a journey to solidify our deen and get closer to Allah swt
I can add you to my islamic private story on snapchat, maybe gaining more knowledge on islam will help you
but please don't leave, don't leave Allah your creator ):
God does want you, Allah loves you.
sometimes moments in life happen like this, but please don't let it lead to something like this, we can grow through it together

Jeez, this is creepy.
No problem at all (:

Jesus set me free from a sin which i was in bondage too since a child too. He can set you free. What is impossible with man is impossible with God. I know you are of a different faith but I want to tell you the truth of Jesus. I used to be a catholic all my life but I never knew the God I was praying to..never had a connection with him and I was always continously sinning. Sin then repent and repeat. This was my life too. One day I almost did something I'd regret so much that led me to cry out and repent and I was also listening to some christian YouTube music at that time and it had a salvation prayer I remember saying it and crying non stop over myself my wickedness my sinful nature. It was at this point I felt the presence of God over me. After this point I felt many sins coming off of me over years and I started to know things I never knew before..Jesus himself was teaching me things however I didn't have courage to leave the catholic ways for years so I backslid and started allowing some sins back. It was during covid lockdown that I was home alone for months full of anxiety about covid, family everything at once but I cried out again and literally the next morning my fear diassapeared like someone just took it away and I knew Jesus did that because I could have never done it myself. From then I became soo serious. I knew he called me back and had mercy on me so I repented. I started taking everything seriously. He gave me strength to overcome many sins and he taught me how some things I was doing which the world wouldn't call a sin was actually wrong in his eyes and now I follow him. I stopped being a catholic although it is still tension in my family but I am happy to follow Jesus where he leads me. He speaks to me in dreams, words and confirms things in different ways. It is possible for everyone to have a relationship with the living God. It is not a matter of religion or denomination but truly about knowing God. Like Abraham and moses they heard from God and followed him even before the scriptures were ever written. God still wants this relationship with each of us today. Bless you. Jesus says he will never reject anyone who comes to him. All it takes is a word. Jesus are you real? Are you really God? If you are show me. Just simple honest conversations. Prayer is simple. God wants honestly. We are fallible people but God is infallible which is why although we cannot overcome sins on our own we can through him when his Holy Spirit lives in us and gives us the strength to overcome and guides us to all truth. Bless you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending