The Student Room Group

Student finance application

Hi, this current academic year I was on a nursing course (in my first year) and had to withdraw. I told student finance straight away. I have now been accepted onto another course and have submitted my application, but am nervous incase they decline me due to me withdrawing from my studies prior. I know the rule is you get 4 years or funding in total, but I just thought I would ask.
Original post by Saffy7
Hi, this current academic year I was on a nursing course (in my first year) and had to withdraw. I told student finance straight away. I have now been accepted onto another course and have submitted my application, but am nervous incase they decline me due to me withdrawing from my studies prior. I know the rule is you get 4 years or funding in total, but I just thought I would ask.

Hi Saffy, it's incorrect that students only get 4 years of funding in total.

Students can receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any years of previous study.

What course are you on now, what is the length and how many years of previous study do you have?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Saffy, it's incorrect that students only get 4 years of funding in total.

Students can receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any years of previous study.

What course are you on now, what is the length and how many years of previous study do you have?
Thanks, Isaac

Hi its just on my letter from student finance it says 4 years of funded study is all. I was on nursing in my 1st year, I withdrew last month, it was a 3 year course. I am now going to be doing teaching which is a 3 year course too.
Original post by Saffy7
Hi its just on my letter from student finance it says 4 years of funded study is all. I was on nursing in my 1st year, I withdrew last month, it was a 3 year course. I am now going to be doing teaching which is a 3 year course too.

For a 3 year course with 1 year of previous study, your calculation will be 3+1-1 = 3 years of funding for your new course.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Thank you Isaac your reply is much appreciated.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Saffy7
Thank you Isaac you're reply is much appreciated.

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending