The Student Room Group

why does ghosting hurt so much?

I was ghosted by a girl I really liked, we had known each other for a year or so but hadn't really interacted much until the past 6 months or so. We texted, video called, talked about our lives, etc etc

She deleted my number and removed me from her contacts without saying a word.

I am not gonna say anything to her because I actually believe nobody owes anyone their time or their friendship.

But it still hurts like a god damn biiiiitch. I don't enjoy it!!!
I've just been blocked by a guy who I've only been speaking to for about 7 weeks and only met up once, and I'm finding it difficult. So must be much worse for you!!

It's so rude and immature of them to just suddenly stop. They could just say sorry/ or anything rather than having us overthink what it was we did wrong!!

Do you have any idea if it's something you said?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I've just been blocked by a guy who I've only been speaking to for about 7 weeks and only met up once, and I'm finding it difficult. So must be much worse for you!!

It's so rude and immature of them to just suddenly stop. They could just say sorry/ or anything rather than having us overthink what it was we did wrong!!

Do you have any idea if it's something you said?

I actually drove 400 miles (to her and back - 200 miles to her) to see her (call me a simp cos I am) and I thought we had fun and had chemistry.

I am not very open about my feelings so she may have felt unappreciated Idk... but dude... hours spent talking about ourselves, came just to see you (*****y town), she knew how I felt or must have. She told me she really enjoyed our time together and asked me to meet again (she'd come this time), that I'm the closest person in her life and many other things I don't wanna remember cos it feels like steeping on legos.

I think I don't care that much about the reason, she is entitled to ignore me but I keep replaying our conversations in my head, cringe and feel like a dumbass for liking her
Original post by Kovalensky
I actually drove 400 miles (to her and back - 200 miles to her) to see her (call me a simp cos I am) and I thought we had fun and had chemistry.

I am not very open about my feelings so she may have felt unappreciated Idk... but dude... hours spent talking about ourselves, came just to see you (*****y town), she knew how I felt or must have. She told me she really enjoyed our time together and asked me to meet again (she'd come this time), that I'm the closest person in her life and many other things I don't wanna remember cos it feels like steeping on legos.

I think I don't care that much about the reason, she is entitled to ignore me but I keep replaying our conversations in my head, cringe and feel like a dumbass for liking her

200 miles away!! Is she up in Scotland or something haha. Just curious how old are you?
Reply 4
I guess romantic relationships can become too serious to quickly. Ghosting is a horrible form of rejection

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending