The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Globalisation MA Course

Hello. I am interested in the Globalisation: Politics, Conflict and Human Rights MA (PGCert PGDip) course. I would like to know if anybody has any reviews of this course and what it was like to study at Brighton University. I will be finishing my undergraduate degree in May at Chichester University so I am looking for opportunities and found this course interesting.
Hi there @amy_b12 :h:

I know you’re looking for a student’s opinion, but as an ex student I thought I may be able to help.

One of the really great aspects of Brighton university is how inclusive it is, and how it really does feel like a community. There is an excellent support system from the lecturers themselves to the student advise team and the support tutors. There is also the Student Union that puts on several clubs and events throughout the year, which is a nice way to get to know fellow students.

Brighton itself is a beautiful City with a lot to offer. Outside of your studies, Brighton offers festivals, galleries, museums, street art, nightlife and a huge range of independent shops, cafes and entertainment venues.

In terms of the course, one of our students Joyce Dunne was asked about her experience and this is what she had to say:
What aspects of the MA have you enjoyed most?

"I really have enjoyed everything about the course. The teaching is spectacular with all the lecturers experts in their fields they make seminars and lectures interesting and fun."
There are only a small number of students participating in the course and everyone becomes like family, studying together and providing great support to each other. The module choices were great, my favourite being teaching and learning, which allowed for an opportunity to experience what it’s like to teach. You lead a lecture and seminar at the end of the semester and, although really hard work, it is so much fun."

I hope that’s helpful and if you have any questions please get in touch.

Bex Course enquiries :nyan:
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Brighton Enquiries
Hi there @amy_b12 :h:

I know you’re looking for a student’s opinion, but as an ex student I thought I may be able to help.

One of the really great aspects of Brighton university is how inclusive it is, and how it really does feel like a community. There is an excellent support system from the lecturers themselves to the student advise team and the support tutors. There is also the Student Union that puts on several clubs and events throughout the year, which is a nice way to get to know fellow students.

Brighton itself is a beautiful City with a lot to offer. Outside of your studies, Brighton offers festivals, galleries, museums, street art, nightlife and a huge range of independent shops, cafes and entertainment venues.

In terms of the course, one of our students Joyce Dunne was asked about her experience and this is what she had to say:
What aspects of the MA have you enjoyed most?

"I really have enjoyed everything about the course. The teaching is spectacular with all the lecturers experts in their fields they make seminars and lectures interesting and fun."
There are only a small number of students participating in the course and everyone becomes like family, studying together and providing great support to each other. The module choices were great, my favourite being teaching and learning, which allowed for an opportunity to experience what it’s like to teach. You lead a lecture and seminar at the end of the semester and, although really hard work, it is so much fun."

I hope that’s helpful and if you have any questions please get in touch.

Bex Course enquiries :nyan:

Hello. Thank you very much for your input. My other concern with this course is about the fees. I have already done an undergraduate degree which is already going to cost me £27,750. Doing a postgraduate course on top of that is costly. May I ask if you know whether it is true that I would also have to pay for these fees on my own, even with a loan?

Amy
Original post by amy_b12
Hello. Thank you very much for your input. My other concern with this course is about the fees. I have already done an undergraduate degree which is already going to cost me £27,750. Doing a postgraduate course on top of that is costly. May I ask if you know whether it is true that I would also have to pay for these fees on my own, even with a loan?

Amy

Hi @amy_b12 :h:

If this is your first post graduate course, and you are applying for the full MA then you should be entitled to support via Student Finance England. I would suggest giving them a call if you’re at all concerned, their number is 0300 100 0607.

Bex- Course enquires :nyan:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending