The Student Room Group

alevels

i am a 2021 candidate and just wanted to ask if a college would accept me if i dont get into the grade boudaries for physics but do the resits i november. any advice on what i should do to get into alevel physics if i dot foundation maths and science?
I don't think that under normal circumstances you can begin in the September 2021 cycle at all if you've not completed your A levels by the start of uni. I believe there is a Jan 2022 cycle that may fit your needs, but November may be too late for that as well. The best source for this is the particular university, not TSR, since this may vary from uni to uni. also, if the uni is more accommodating, and if you choose a course that isn't already oversubscribed, they may accept you if you have a lower score. you could also attempt clearing this year, and skip the November series.
Reply 2
Original post by reallyaks
I don't think that under normal circumstances you can begin in the September 2021 cycle at all if you've not completed your A levels by the start of uni. I believe there is a Jan 2022 cycle that may fit your needs, but November may be too late for that as well. The best source for this is the particular university, not TSR, since this may vary from uni to uni. also, if the uni is more accommodating, and if you choose a course that isn't already oversubscribed, they may accept you if you have a lower score. you could also attempt clearing this year, and skip the November series.

would u recommend me to resit then take a gap year and start in 2022?
Original post by hnnh.558
would u recommend me to resit then take a gap year and start in 2022?

that does come with its own costs. some people are okay with a gap year and stay productive, some hate it and feel terrible the whole time that's a personal decision, so you need to decide. but try everything in your power to get a seat this time. you can always take a gap year, even after you're rejected. put in your all, if that's not enough, you can consider alternatives. also, look into UCAS extra, and clearing. if you want more specific advice, my PMs are open.

Quick Reply

Latest