Discuss the criminal liability of the parties.

Watch
Bamsii
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Jess has been in a volatile relationship with Dom for the last 3 years. She is having an affair with a work colleague, Nick. Dom suspects that Jess is having an affair, and one day he drives to her workplace and waits outside. Just after 5.30pm he sees Jess leave work with Nick. He then sees Jess and Nick kissing passionately.

Dom returns home and waits for Jess. When she gets home, he confronts her and accuses her of having an affair. Jess then tells Dom she is leaving him for Nick. Dom snaps and he grabs Jess by the throat. He strangles Jess until she dies.

Nick vows to avenge Jess’s death and he follows Dom when he leaves home late one night. When they reach a secluded location Nick approaches Dom and pulls Dom’s glasses off his face and throws them to the ground and then stamps on them to break them. Dom feels disorientated and is unable to see clearly. Nick then produces a penknife and stabs Dom in the thigh. He then forces Dom to the ground and has sexual intercourse with him.

ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Bamsii)
Jess has been in a volatile relationship with Dom for the last 3 years. She is having an affair with a work colleague, Nick. Dom suspects that Jess is having an affair, and one day he drives to her workplace and waits outside. Just after 5.30pm he sees Jess leave work with Nick. He then sees Jess and Nick kissing passionately.

Dom returns home and waits for Jess. When she gets home, he confronts her and accuses her of having an affair. Jess then tells Dom she is leaving him for Nick. Dom snaps and he grabs Jess by the throat. He strangles Jess until she dies.

Nick vows to avenge Jess’s death and he follows Dom when he leaves home late one night. When they reach a secluded location Nick approaches Dom and pulls Dom’s glasses off his face and throws them to the ground and then stamps on them to break them. Dom feels disorientated and is unable to see clearly. Nick then produces a penknife and stabs Dom in the thigh. He then forces Dom to the ground and has sexual intercourse with him.

Rape, murder, and ABH (possibly GBH).
Last edited by ROTL94; 2 months ago
Bamsii
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Rape, murder, and ABH (possibly GBH).
Thank you! What about property offences?
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Bamsii)
Thank you! What about property offences?
Battery, qualifying triggers, and criminal damage. I'm annoyed on your behalf that they have mixed several different offences into one question, but at least this isn't an exam hall scenario and it's a bit closer to what you will encounter in practice.
Bamsii
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Battery, qualifying triggers, and criminal damage. I'm annoyed on your behalf that they have mixed several different offences into one question, but at least this isn't an exam hall scenario and it's a bit closer to what you will encounter in practice.
Apologise fo that i am just new here 😃
Bamsii
Rep:
?

legalhelp
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Please take a look at the stickied post at the top of this thread. You cannot just copy and paste your question here and expect people to do it for you. You need to either (1) post your suggested answer to the question in order to get feedback, or (2) ask questions about a particular point you are stuck on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.27%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.09%
No I am happy with my choice (87)
56.49%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.14%

Watched Threads