The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

your mum is too squeamish to use the right terminology? who cares about her opinion
Wtf.
OK but who cares what she thinks, she isn’t going to know if you shave your puss so just do it if you want to.
Reply 4
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
OK but who cares what she thinks, she isn’t going to know if you shave your puss so just do it if you want to.

She's very nosy though
Original post by Anonymous
She's very nosy though

So? Unless she’s demanding to look inside your knickers then she won’t know.
At the end of your day it isn't your mum that's going to have to see and deal with it (at least I bloody hope not!)

so at the end of the day its your choice.
Reply 7
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
So? Unless she’s demanding to look inside your knickers then she won’t know.

Well she walks in my bedroom without knocking even if I'm getting changed and the bathroom she took the lock off the door
Let me think about it.
Well she walks in my bedroom without knocking even if I'm getting changed and the bathroom she took the lock off the door

Ok? So don't shave then if you're living in her house it's not a big deal
how old are you? do you want to remove ALL the hair and have you done it before? what method are you thinking of using i.e. shaving, waxing, etc? have you used these methods elsewhere like on arms or whatever?

Your mum is wrong. I wax down there and it just makes me feel cleaner and since I wash with water, sometimes if you don’t dry yourself then pubic hair makes it carry a smell.

If you’re afraid she’ll find out and see, don’t do the top (part that you see) and instead do the sides (idk the correct terms for the vagina but like basically i between your legs) and then trim the top so it’s not long long, that way you still have something there and she can’t complain.

really tho it’s none of her business, it’s your choice and whatever makes you feel comfortable do it.

If you can’t remove it at all, then trim it all really short.

does she let you remove body hair on your arms etc?
have you asked her why she feels this way? perhaps an conversation about it may help her to change her mind. very little harm comes you way as a result of shaving.

perhaps you could compromise by not shaving the entirety of the mons pubis or trimming it?

lol it is a big deal. Why shouldn’t she be able to get rid of her OWN body hair regardless of where she lives? If she doesn’t feel comfortable with hair down there it affects OP only, not her mum. Why is her mum making it seem like a big deal? The fact that her mum might SEE her downstairs in the first place is a massive invasion of privacy.
If you’re afraid she’ll find out and see, don’t do the top (part that you see) and instead do the sides (idk the correct terms for the vagina but like basically i between your legs) and then trim the top so it’s not long long, that way you still have something there and she can’t complain.

the part you see is the mons pubis/veneris

the outer lips are the labia majora (which covers the vulva, the vagina is just the canal)
Original post by Obolinda
the part you see is the mons pubis/veneris

the outer lips are the labia majora (which covers the vulva, the vagina is just the canal)

ouuu thanks for the lesson! what’s the WHOLE thing called then since the vagina is just the canal? Like the whole thing including lips holes everything

But i hate how I look down there
how old are you? do you want to remove ALL the hair and have you done it before? what method are you thinking of using i.e. shaving, waxing, etc? have you used these methods elsewhere like on arms or whatever?

Your mum is wrong. I wax down there and it just makes me feel cleaner and since I wash with water, sometimes if you don’t dry yourself then pubic hair makes it carry a smell.

really tho it’s none of her business, it’s your choice and whatever makes you feel comfortable do it.

If you can’t remove it at all, then trim it all really short.

does she let you remove body hair on your arms etc?

I'm 16 nearly 17 I want to remove most if not all of it, I've never shaved or anything down there before
are you a virgin? maybe you should just wait til you are older why do you want to remove it
ouuu thanks for the lesson! what’s the WHOLE thing called then since the vagina is just the canal? Like the whole thing including lips holes everything

what do you mean? The vulva is the outer part of the genitals including the opening of the vagina (sometimes called the vestibule), the labia majora (outer lips), the labia minora (inner lips), and the clitoris.

The ENTIRETY of "down there" could just be called the pubic area, I guess?
Reply 18
Don’t entirely agree with your mum, the issue is probably more that it’s unnecessary, uncomfortable and for the gratification guys rather than girls. Mind you, it’s your choice rather than hers. A sexual health nurse I know says she rarely sees a hairy one these days. I prefer natural
(edited 2 years ago)
Sounds like your mum may be the disgusting person with that attitude. Ignore her, she has no business thinking about what's in other peoples pants.

Latest

Trending

Trending