The Student Room Group

Do you believe in "aliens" ??

Why or why not?

Scroll to see replies

I suspect they’re out there somewhere, because it just seems likely that they have arisen, given that we arose and there are trillions more planets out there. I don’t think any have made contact with us.
(edited 2 years ago)
Not believing in aliens is like getting a cup of water from the ocean and saying "I don't believe in sharks because there are no sharks in my cup"
Original post by Cıllıan
Not believing in aliens is like getting a cup of water from the ocean and saying "I don't believe in sharks because there are no sharks in my cup"

Wow that’s actually an excellent analogy.

Conspiracy theorists will tell you that there IS a shark in your cup, and invent fantastic reasons why you can’t see it :biggrin:
Of course. It would be stupid to disagree.
Do you mean sentinent extra-terrestrial life forms located on other planets orgalazies far from earth & the milky way? :confused:
Original post by Cıllıan

I like that. :smile:
Yup
You mean aliens as in, life outside of our planet, or aliens as in "little grey men with black eyes and long spindly fingers who go around in flying saucers abducting humans"?

The former yes, the latter no :tongue:
Reply 9
Yes-Pentagon has released footage documenting the experience that 2 US fighter jet pilots had with a "tic-tac".

Spoiler

Original post by galaxyhunt24
Why or why not?

When you make such threads you should tag me please.

And of course is not a matter of belief here.

I can't go and analyse for ages but I am listening to your questions...
Original post by A_J_B
Yes-Pentagon has released footage documenting the experience that 2 US fighter jet pilots had with a "tic-tac".

Spoiler

This matter you describe is much more complex and should not be ridiculed..
the master <3

(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Cıllıan

I know where you got this one from but it's the right approach.

There are about 2,000 Billion Galaxies in the Universe and every galaxy on average contains 100 Billion Stars. You can imagine what the odds are of finding life.

Furthermore you don't have to go far away.
Mars, Titan, Europa, probably support life the moment we speak. Especially Europa cold have an ecosystem underneath its icy surface.
Reply 14
Original post by Bushyasta
This matter you describe is much more complex and should not be ridiculed..

Ye bro I definitely believe it was real-it was amazing to see how quickly the tic tac could accelerate and outcompete the most advanced jets in the world.
There is life out there, and they are much more advanced than we are
Reply 15
Original post by galaxyhunt24
Why or why not?

yes.

I was followed home by some once. (I posted about it once before)
I do yes - I think the universe would be too big and lonely for us to be completely alone. I also think complex life forms (like ourselves) must be pretty rare though as well.
Good evening everyone,
Before answering this question, we must create an objective definition of what an 'alien' entails.
So, an alien should refer to any extraterrestrial life forms, in my opinion. After establishing this definition, we can successfully debate the existence of aliens.
Due to the stereotypical perception of aliens as being green with large eyes, I would argue I am a bit skeptical if these type of 'aliens' exist.
However, if one were to focus solely on aliens as an extraterrestrial lifeform, yes, I would argue I do believe in aliens.
It would be absurd to argue that extraterrestrial life does not exist as we are such a small part of the universe that surely, life must exist elsewhere.
I understand why in the past, religions such as Christianity preached humans are at the centre of creation and after studying Philosophical arguments such as the Design Argument and the Anthropic Principle (which argues the universe was created to support human life) people may come to the conclusion Earth is the only place where life exists.
However, due to several technological advancements, we can gain a deeper understanding of the universe. Through studying astronomy and the cosmos, one must believe other lifeforms exist. If not, we are extremely lucky that Earth is the only planet which supports human life.
I hope you find my answer to this question helpful.
Kind Regards,
BigShaq6969.
i dont know
Original post by Obolinda
i dont know

Europa

Quick Reply

Latest