The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by chrispchichen
Has anyone sat the June 2020 AQA French Higher Writing paper?

If so, which topics should I revise and any specific words i should know?

wait have u done the paper now?? if so can u PLZ help me know if there is anything i should revise?????????
Hi

I have just had the May 2020 Reading higher AQA French GCSE as a mock.
-There was a story about a woman who goes into the woods, and she dies.
-There is a story by Guy de Maupassant about a girl who finds a dog in a bad condition. Her parents are not happy.
-The translation was approx "I argue with my parents because my father says my friends are a bad influence. I went to a protest about pollution. I think it is more important than my studies".
-There is also a passage about a guy talking about his village in Indonesia.

Does anyone have any tips for June 2020 French Higher Writing or Listening?

Thanks
French writing has a question about health , adolesence and environment. the translation is on aqa website under assessment resources 2021 translations first 12 mark translation
Reply 4
Hey, what is the reading 2020 paper about ? What questions does it consists of ?
Thank you bigmanbigwomen. It's really helpful to know AQA have made the assessment materials available to students! I had no idea until you mentioned it.
Reply 6
any answers for the aqa listening may 2020?
The vocab list is useful to use on the exam board’s website.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Do you know what the translation is about
Quizlet is useful to revise vocab
(edited 2 years ago)
Check out the AQA 2021 assessment materials on the AQA website which is made up of the 2019 and 2020 actual questions. They have the listening files on there too, but no mark schemes, but it is a lot easier if you get a chance to figure it out in advance. Our teacher used the 2019 paper for the listening module and the 2020 paper for reading module. 2019 restaurant problems : (1) there was no fish because the chef was ill and couldn't go shopping, (2) they got the wrong food because the waitress was new and still training, (3) the food was tasteless (sans gout) because they had used too few spices (epices).

The translation about the sister is on there too.
The translation in the higher writing (English to french) is:I get on well with my sister so we often go to the shopping centre together. Yesterday I gave some clothes to the homeless. I think that one must help others. After my studies at university I hope to live abroad where I will do voluntary work for a year
Original post by clessiec
Hi, from what I remember from the aqa higher 2020 writing paper (these are the questions I did):
1.2. Food, sport and life style
2.2. Environmental issues and how to deal with environmental issues

thank you so much :smile:
Reply 13
Does any one know anything about the reading ??
Reply 14
For anyone needing the writing questions 2020:
16 marker 1 - on your part time jobs, your opinion and what you want to do inn the future as work
16 marker 2 - on your health, your opinion on sport, a sport you did last week ad how you'll stay in shape in the future
32 marker 1 - on why it is good to be young, and a recent problem with your friends or family
32 marker 2 - on the environment i your area (i think) and how you will protect the environment in the future

if anyone knows about the physics 2020 questions or the french reading higher and could help ya girl out a little to return the favour, would be much appreciated!!
Reply 16
Original post by AngryHomer
For anyone needing the writing questions 2020:
16 marker 1 - on your part time jobs, your opinion and what you want to do inn the future as work
16 marker 2 - on your health, your opinion on sport, a sport you did last week ad how you'll stay in shape in the future
32 marker 1 - on why it is good to be young, and a recent problem with your friends or family
32 marker 2 - on the environment i your area (i think) and how you will protect the environment in the future

if anyone knows about the physics 2020 questions or the french reading higher and could help ya girl out a little to return the favour, would be much appreciated!!

for french reading, use the aqa 2021 assessment resources- my teacher gave me a question list and around 25% +translations are all there :smile:
Original post by swrxy
for french reading, use the aqa 2021 assessment resources- my teacher gave me a question list and around 25% +translations are all there :smile:

Thank you! I found a couple questions that I think might be relevant (a blog on healthy living, a description of a town with true/false questions, education post-16 with two people called alice and marc, a report about a cinema, and a french question about 'le parrainage', does any of this sound familiar for the 2020 paper?) also found the translation, thank you!
Reply 18
Original post by AngryHomer
Thank you! I found a couple questions that I think might be relevant (a blog on healthy living, a description of a town with true/false questions, education post-16 with two people called alice and marc, a report about a cinema, and a french question about 'le parrainage', does any of this sound familiar for the 2020 paper?) also found the translation, thank you!

Yep they do!! I don’t think le parrainage is but the others definitely are 🤍
Original post by swrxy
Yep they do!! I don’t think le parrainage is but the others definitely are 🤍

Ah you're an angel, thank you so so much! Good luck for the rest of your exams x

Latest