The Student Room Group

I'm stressed

I'm struggling to sleep again. I'm feeling stressed and worried about loads of things. Please help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm struggling to sleep again. I'm feeling stressed and worried about loads of things. Please help

What do you want to talk about?
Reply 2
What are you stressed about?
Reply 3
Original post by JGLM
What are you stressed about?

Loads of things, have low confidence

I feel like a failure and I'm not doing well as I should be for my age

I have a toxic household atm

I have only a few friends

I'm having a bad time with college, I have no friends, people who I do talk to just laugh and take the mick out of me like people in my class they were making fun of me and stuff like leaving me out just mocking me.

I still live at home

I feel bored often at home

No social life

I'm pretty alone because I don't have anymore to talk to

I'm feeling down right now because of obviously everything above but also I am worried about my future, im really scared for it, I'm looking forward to being an adult but I just need things to go how I want it to do and I just have been scared it won't. I have all my issues going on but sometimes I just go to college and places miserable because I think about my future and it puts me down then on top of that I have all the issues above going on.
Reply 4
Loads of things, have low confidence

I feel like a failure and I'm not doing well as I should be for my age

I have a toxic household atm

I have only a few friends

I'm having a bad time with college, I have no friends, people who I do talk to just laugh and take the mick out of me like people in my class they were making fun of me and stuff like leaving me out just mocking me.

I still live at home

I feel bored often at home

No social life

I'm pretty alone because I don't have anymore to talk to

I'm feeling down right now because of obviously everything above but also I am worried about my future, im really scared for it, I'm looking forward to being an adult but I just need things to go how I want it to do and I just have been scared it won't. I have all my issues going on but sometimes I just go to college and places miserable because I think about my future and it puts me down then on top of that I have all the issues above going on.

Okay... few questions... Why do they make fun of you? Was this the case before the pandemic? What standards do you feel like you’re not meeting?
Reply 5
Original post by JGLM
Okay... few questions... Why do they make fun of you? Was this the case before the pandemic? What standards do you feel like you’re not meeting?

It's because I'm quiet I think otherwise I don't know why else. Yes. I'm 19 20 soon I don't have a job yet, can't drive, still in college, still live with parents, no girlfriend other people my age are so much better than me
Reply 6
It's because I'm quiet I think otherwise I don't know why else. Yes. I'm 19 20 soon I don't have a job yet, can't drive, still in college, still live with parents, no girlfriend other people my age are so much better than me

I think you just have to pick yourself up. Not driving is fine, but if you think that not having a job is a problem, then go get a job. Having no girlfriend doesn’t make you inferior to anyone. I’m single, and doing absolutely fine.
Being quiet isn’t something I can relate to unfortunately so not much help there...

You need to stop beating yourself up and comparing yourself to everyone else. Focus just on you. Also, I don't see anything there that you should be ashamed of? And if you want a job, get a job. If you want to drive, learn to drive. Build your confidence up bit by bit, I did it by going to the gym and just acting confident until it began to stick.
Reply 8
Original post by JGLM
I think you just have to pick yourself up. Not driving is fine, but if you think that not having a job is a problem, then go get a job. Having no girlfriend doesn’t make you inferior to anyone. I’m single, and doing absolutely fine.
Being quiet isn’t something I can relate to unfortunately so not much help there...

I want to drive though, I just need confidence to get a job and I don't have any at the moment. It's not as simple as just get a job. People my age just have girlfriends and all that and I don't.
I'm too scared to say anything because my class just make fun of me
Reply 9
Original post by KeepingUpWKate
You need to stop beating yourself up and comparing yourself to everyone else. Focus just on you. Also, I don't see anything there that you should be ashamed of? And if you want a job, get a job. If you want to drive, learn to drive. Build your confidence up bit by bit, I did it by going to the gym and just acting confident until it began to stick.

Like I said to the other use its not as simple as just doing these things, you think I can just go out get a job with no confidence and feeling miserable? No. You think I am not trying to learn to drive, I'm trying to but covid is here. I don't know how to build my confidence
Reply 10
Like I said to the other use its not as simple as just doing these things, you think I can just go out get a job with no confidence and feeling miserable? No. You think I am not trying to learn to drive, I'm trying to but covid is here. I don't know how to build my confidence

But I think going out and doing something for yourself will do your confidence a lot of good. Also make sure you’re well dressed, looking presentable, smelling good, and people will have nothing bad to judge you on. I don’t know if this is the case here or not, but I see a lot of people lacking in confidence who are putting little effort in. I know what gives me confidence is being happy with how I present myself. I’m struggling to learn to drive with covid as well, a lot of people are, it’s nothing to be ashamed about.
Original post by JGLM
But I think going out and doing something for yourself will do your confidence a lot of good. Also make sure you’re well dressed, looking presentable, smelling good, and people will have nothing bad to judge you on. I don’t know if this is the case here or not, but I see a lot of people lacking in confidence who are putting little effort in. I know what gives me confidence is being happy with how I present myself. I’m struggling to learn to drive with covid as well, a lot of people are, it’s nothing to be ashamed about.

OK. I just want to be able to drive though some people choose not to drive and decide to just use public transport all their life but I just dont want to be the guy, I just don't want to be that person and I just want to be able to drive.
Reply 12
OK. I just want to be able to drive though some people choose not to drive and decide to just use public transport all their life but I just dont want to be the guy, I just don't want to be that person and I just want to be able to drive.

You will soon. I feel the same. When I turned 17 I was so excited to drive. I’m a car enthusiast, I just built a kit car and I may never be able to drive it since i’m going to be living in London where I won’t be able to drive at all. Big big kick to the nuts for me. You’ll be able to drive one day, just because it’s not now doesn’t mean it’s far away.
Original post by JGLM
You will soon. I feel the same. When I turned 17 I was so excited to drive. I’m a car enthusiast, I just built a kit car and I may never be able to drive it since i’m going to be living in London where I won’t be able to drive at all. Big big kick to the nuts for me. You’ll be able to drive one day, just because it’s not now doesn’t mean it’s far away.

I understand but its just, I just don’t want to do other things like I used to get the bus, I hated it so much and I just love cars they make me so happy.
Reply 14
I understand but its just, I just don’t want to do other things like I used to get the bus, I hated it so much and I just love cars they make me so happy.

Me too, me too. At the end of the day, there are more important parts of life to focus on. You and I are in exactly the same boat- I hate public transport, I hate getting lifts everywhere, but I can’t let it ruin me. It’s only a temporary inconvenience at the end of the day.
Original post by JGLM
Me too, me too. At the end of the day, there are more important parts of life to focus on. You and I are in exactly the same boat- I hate public transport, I hate getting lifts everywhere, but I can’t let it ruin me. It’s only a temporary inconvenience at the end of the day.

What do you mean things more important? The thing that I am so frustrating is I am 19, im going to be 20, I don't drive, I shouldn't be in this way. I feel like its just one thing after another, when I pass my theory covid comes, when I get a practical test I fail it then tests get delayed and now tests are back on I have to go on a long waiting list.
Reply 16
What do you mean things more important? The thing that I am so frustrating is I am 19, im going to be 20, I don't drive, I shouldn't be in this way. I feel like its just one thing after another, when I pass my theory covid comes, when I get a practical test I fail it then tests get delayed and now tests are back on I have to go on a long waiting list.

What i’m saying is that driving isn’t the meaning of life. As much as i’d love to drive, my misfortune in that area isn’t enough to drive me to depression (no pun intended, I think?). Just think about other things, there’s nothing you can do to accelerate the process. Make sure you are ready for when your test comes and you won’t have to worry about failing
Original post by JGLM
What i’m saying is that driving isn’t the meaning of life. As much as i’d love to drive, my misfortune in that area isn’t enough to drive me to depression (no pun intended, I think?). Just think about other things, there’s nothing you can do to accelerate the process. Make sure you are ready for when your test comes and you won’t have to worry about failing

I know but it just means a lot because it would just make life much easier.
Reply 18
I know but it just means a lot because it would just make life much easier.

Yeah of course of course. Perhaps this topic isn’t fruitful use of conversation. I think you need to talk to someone you know about this, there’s not much someone on TSR can do to help...
Reply 19
I just want to talk to someone about my issues because I have not got many people to talk to face to face sort of thing. Because a week or 2 ago I went been out with my friend for a spin in a Seat Mii a garage gave him for a few days its a boring small car but we had a such a great time and it was so much fun. It made me think, how much I want to drive, because going in a passenger in a small boring car was so good so I am going to enjoy driving my own car more. Its just like I’ve been feeling a bit down lately because I just want to be able to drive and stuff. Im starting lessons with my instructor soon. Atm I have my family to give me lifts because I used to get buses but I hated it and it actually more expensive than I ever thought, I was spending £5 a day on a bus and I wasn't even happy. Some of friends haven't passed yet as well but they are not into carsand I need to stop playing driving be my self woth but I justdontknow any other hobbies that I enjoy more. I go to shopping and things like that but I don't want to do other hobbies that I just do for the sake of it and I don't really enjoy.

I see people driving and I just want to be like them guys. When my friend messaged me to go for a spin in the Seat Mii I was excited, I told my parents and I think we went out for 30/45 minutes. I think driving is so important to me it means a lot to me and its a good skill for future even if I wasn't into cars. If you cant tell I do have a big passion for cars. Like I don't give a **** if anyone thinks I'm obsessed even if they actually mean it. Like I don't see much much of an issue to have a passion and want adrivers licence. Driving is just so fun and I could do it for ages.

I have been feeling like this because its just a bit frustrating that I havent passed yet. I knew what l wanted but I just have been a bit delayed with covid.

Dude I get you, I’m so into cars that I build my own one. Completely understand what you feel. You need to look around for things that you enjoy doing. Are you creative? Sporty? What do you like other than cars? What have you tried?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending