The Student Room Group

HELP! PLS!Macbeth 😭

can someone give detailed feedback like more ideas etc on this essay PLS.
How does shakespeare presents macbeth as a victim of fate(out of 30 no spag cuz i rushed this)
Shakespeare explores the role of fate in Macbeths downfall during the play.However we see how this may also be the result of the witches prophecy in the play who acts as the agents of fate along with the spur from Lady Macbeth’s emasculation.
At the beginning of the play the witches prophecies to Macbeth the future of being king. They say all hail Macbeth hail to thee thane of Glamis thane of Cawdor king hereafter’.Macbeth is prophesy is to take over the throne in the future by the witches and therefore transgressed to becoming king. The idea of transgression in the chain of being seemed unbelievable at the time as it was through the divine right of kings God appointed the king. However through the witches they make it seem connected and linked with the use of anaphora suggesting all three ideas could come true. This is reinforced by how Macbeth is already thane of glamus and the audience know he is going to be thane of Cawdor.This means that when Macbeth does become Thane of Cawdor why do you dress me and borrowed robes it makes the third property more realistic to Macbeth. At this point Macbeth does not have thoughts to kill the king instead he says if chance will help making white chance to make around me without my sister that he will leave it up to fate. It is only when Duncan says how he will establish our state on our eldest Malcolm that Macbeth feels the need to take feet into his own hands and how I must overleap for in my way it lies because he realises he now has two obstacles both Malcolm and Duncan to be king.

in response to the witches prophecy Macbeth is both indecisive and out for their prophecy. Banquo asked Macbeth why do you say such things that sounds so fair they suggest that banquo looks up to Macbeth as he is a mighty warrior reference when he says good sir because although Banquo is good he lacks any ambition. By using the word fair the audience would immediately link it to fair is foul and foul is fair and this may be why Macbeth is this prediction because he must play most Fowley for it. To the reader we see how banquo views fate As an idea that can’t be meddled with where is Macbeth takes faith into his own hands.

this is reinforced when Shakespeare uses natural imagery when Banquo you ask the witches for his purposes. He announces if you can look into the seeds of time and say which grain will grow and which will not. The use of the conjunction of the word F emphasises that his scepticism of the truth of the witches prophecies however he is likely also curious as to whether these prophecies will actually come true. The use of the natural imagery such as a seed suggests that Banquo does not control the future and he is willing to leave it up to fate. The use of the word grow is used effectively to symbolise how he is willing to let fate take its own natural path. To the reader it suggests that Banquo is not willing to take action to carry out his fate

This is contratsed by how Macbeth asked the stars hide your fires let not light see my black and deep desires. Already by the use of the imperative Macbeth has fooled himself to believe that he is in control of his fate and metonym from the astronomical stars but unlike his troops at battle the idea of fate is already written out for him and will not follow his command. However Macbeth also suggests to the audience that Macbeth‘s voice of consciousness is a shamed of his ambitions desire because he feels condemned by the stars or the angels in heaven for committing sin. Furthermore the use of the rhyming couplet suggests that he is already starting to take On the supernatural characteristics of the witches and is willing to sacrifice his religious devotions in order to achieve those desires.

The playwright and act one scene seven by expressing my bets hunger for power as her nausea which eventually leads to his fatal destruction. Macbeth this debate the idea of regicide as he begins to recognise the potential consequences of the brutal murder as being eternal damnation to help for breaking the divine right of kings. Macbeth describes his intent as having no spur to prick the sides of my intent but only vaulting ambition which overleaps itself and falls on the other. Macbeth only knows the dangerous dog park he would get himself into and the verb falling and knowing this foreshadows his brutal ending in the final act. The audience also also recognise Metaphorical idea of a horse trying to overcome an obstacle but not knowing what it is on the other side. On one hand this obstacle could be that he is too full of the milk of human kindness. she takes on the role of the driving force of Macbeth as she believes Macbeth does not have the ruthless nature required to become a king. The suggestion that Macbeth is to follow implies that his good moral values will stop him achieving the crown. By using the image of milk it has associations with a comforting and soothing nature not the quality Lady Macbeth thinks that are required to become king. In Shakespearean context it should be women who are gentle and kind not men. She uses the phrase human kindness to convey how Macbeth needs to be in human perhaps even supernatural like the witches to be successful. To the reader it conveys how she is not willing to let fate take its turn but rather secure her husbands position as king through murder.We see how ambition must ‘oer leap itself and fall on the other-‘ ,however the aposiopesis From Lady Macbeth prevents Macbeth following the moral path perhaps she too is an instrument of darkness.By emasculating Macbeth into performing regicide Lady Macbeth achieves her husbands ambition to be king and therefore his downfall was not the result of fate but freewill.
At the end of the play Macbeth realises he cannot change the course of fate."It is a tale/ Told by an idiot". A 'tale' is a story - fantastical and imaginary- however a 'tale' is planned, it has a beginning, middle and end, like life. Whilst Shakespeare highlights the futility of Macbeth's life he also shows it is planned and every action was planned (as it is a story and a story has to be planned). Furthermore the 'idiot' could be Macbeth who is oblivious to the idea of fate and believes his is control as he is telling the 'tale' - he believes he is control of his life. 'Idiot' proves that Macbeth has no control over his life and in fact it was a supernatural force.

Ultimately, Macbeth becomes so obsessed with his fate that he becomes delusional: he becomes unable to see the half-truths behind the witches' prophecies. By trying to master fate, he brings himself to ruin.
(edited 2 years ago)
bump :frown:
bump :frown:
#crying
Reply 4
Original post by starinthenight
can someone give detailed feedback like more ideas etc on this essay PLS.
How does shakespeare presents macbeth as a victim of fate(out of 30 no spag cuz i rushed this)
Shakespeare explores the role of fate in Macbeths downfall during the play.However we see how this may also be the result of the witches prophecy in the play who acts as the agents of fate along with the spur from Lady Macbeth’s emasculation.
At the beginning of the play the witches prophecies to Macbeth the future of being king. They say all hail Macbeth hail to thee thane of Glamis thane of Cawdor king hereafter’.Macbeth is prophesy is to take over the throne in the future by the witches and therefore transgressed to becoming king. The idea of transgression in the chain of being seemed unbelievable at the time as it was through the divine right of kings God appointed the king. However through the witches they make it seem connected and linked with the use of anaphora suggesting all three ideas could come true. This is reinforced by how Macbeth is already thane of glamus and the audience know he is going to be thane of Cawdor.This means that when Macbeth does become Thane of Cawdor why do you dress me and borrowed robes it makes the third property more realistic to Macbeth. At this point Macbeth does not have thoughts to kill the king instead he says if chance will help making white chance to make around me without my sister that he will leave it up to fate. It is only when Duncan says how he will establish our state on our eldest Malcolm that Macbeth feels the need to take feet into his own hands and how I must overleap for in my way it lies because he realises he now has two obstacles both Malcolm and Duncan to be king.

in response to the witches prophecy Macbeth is both indecisive and out for their prophecy. Banquo asked Macbeth why do you say such things that sounds so fair they suggest that banquo looks up to Macbeth as he is a mighty warrior reference when he says good sir because although Banquo is good he lacks any ambition. By using the word fair the audience would immediately link it to fair is foul and foul is fair and this may be why Macbeth is this prediction because he must play most Fowley for it. To the reader we see how banquo views fate As an idea that can’t be meddled with where is Macbeth takes faith into his own hands.

this is reinforced when Shakespeare uses natural imagery when Banquo you ask the witches for his purposes. He announces if you can look into the seeds of time and say which grain will grow and which will not. The use of the conjunction of the word F emphasises that his scepticism of the truth of the witches prophecies however he is likely also curious as to whether these prophecies will actually come true. The use of the natural imagery such as a seed suggests that Banquo does not control the future and he is willing to leave it up to fate. The use of the word grow is used effectively to symbolise how he is willing to let fate take its own natural path. To the reader it suggests that Banquo is not willing to take action to carry out his fate

This is contratsed by how Macbeth asked the stars hide your fires let not light see my black and deep desires. Already by the use of the imperative Macbeth has fooled himself to believe that he is in control of his fate and metonym from the astronomical stars but unlike his troops at battle the idea of fate is already written out for him and will not follow his command. However Macbeth also suggests to the audience that Macbeth‘s voice of consciousness is a shamed of his ambitions desire because he feels condemned by the stars or the angels in heaven for committing sin. Furthermore the use of the rhyming couplet suggests that he is already starting to take On the supernatural characteristics of the witches and is willing to sacrifice his religious devotions in order to achieve those desires.

The playwright and act one scene seven by expressing my bets hunger for power as her nausea which eventually leads to his fatal destruction. Macbeth this debate the idea of regicide as he begins to recognise the potential consequences of the brutal murder as being eternal damnation to help for breaking the divine right of kings. Macbeth describes his intent as having no spur to prick the sides of my intent but only vaulting ambition which overleaps itself and falls on the other. Macbeth only knows the dangerous dog park he would get himself into and the verb falling and knowing this foreshadows his brutal ending in the final act. The audience also also recognise Metaphorical idea of a horse trying to overcome an obstacle but not knowing what it is on the other side. On one hand this obstacle could be that he is too full of the milk of human kindness. she takes on the role of the driving force of Macbeth as she believes Macbeth does not have the ruthless nature required to become a king. The suggestion that Macbeth is to follow implies that his good moral values will stop him achieving the crown. By using the image of milk it has associations with a comforting and soothing nature not the quality Lady Macbeth thinks that are required to become king. In Shakespearean context it should be women who are gentle and kind not men. She uses the phrase human kindness to convey how Macbeth needs to be in human perhaps even supernatural like the witches to be successful. To the reader it conveys how she is not willing to let fate take its turn but rather secure her husbands position as king through murder.We see how ambition must ‘oer leap itself and fall on the other-‘ ,however the aposiopesis From Lady Macbeth prevents Macbeth following the moral path perhaps she too is an instrument of darkness.By emasculating Macbeth into performing regicide Lady Macbeth achieves her husbands ambition to be king and therefore his downfall was not the result of fate but freewill.
At the end of the play Macbeth realises he cannot change the course of fate."It is a tale/ Told by an idiot". A 'tale' is a story - fantastical and imaginary- however a 'tale' is planned, it has a beginning, middle and end, like life. Whilst Shakespeare highlights the futility of Macbeth's life he also shows it is planned and every action was planned (as it is a story and a story has to be planned). Furthermore the 'idiot' could be Macbeth who is oblivious to the idea of fate and believes his is control as he is telling the 'tale' - he believes he is control of his life. 'Idiot' proves that Macbeth has no control over his life and in fact it was a supernatural force.

Ultimately, Macbeth becomes so obsessed with his fate that he becomes delusional: he becomes unable to see the half-truths behind the witches' prophecies. By trying to master fate, he brings himself to ruin.

Well to begin wiht its quite long winded and without any commas or puntuation it's hard to read , despiet that i think you have mad some valid points but they aren't really thoroughly explained. It does not go straight to the point, you need to follow PEEL structure. That last paragraph is also way too long and your qoutes are scattered , you need to dive dinto detail with each quote.

You could say "all hail Macbeth hail to thee thane of Glamis thane of Cawdor king hereafter" depicts how the witches are planning Macbeth's future for him,they are taking his life into their own hand and deciding how he will leave, they control him . This is further reinforced when Macbeth learns he has now become the Thane of Cawdor .The witches have already set him on the path of self destruction and therefore making him a victim of fate as his life is no longer under his control

if you need any more assistance , i'll be happy to help , its not very detaied but i hope it will help , Good luck on your tets
Original post by ts6232
Well to begin wiht its quite long winded and without any commas or puntuation it's hard to read , despiet that i think you have mad some valid points but they aren't really thoroughly explained. It does not go straight to the point, you need to follow PEEL structure. That last paragraph is also way too long and your qoutes are scattered , you need to dive dinto detail with each quote.

You could say "all hail Macbeth hail to thee thane of Glamis thane of Cawdor king hereafter" depicts how the witches are planning Macbeth's future for him,they are taking his life into their own hand and deciding how he will leave, they control him . This is further reinforced when Macbeth learns he has now become the Thane of Cawdor .The witches have already set him on the path of self destruction and therefore making him a victim of fate as his life is no longer under his control

if you need any more assistance , i'll be happy to help , its not very detaied but i hope it will help , Good luck on your tets

thank you 😊
ive added that point to my essay and edited it too! :smile:
Reply 7

i would also break the last paragraph into wo or shorten it all together , it is quite long.

Good luck with everything
Original post by ts6232
i would also break the last paragraph into wo or shorten it all together , it is quite long.

Good luck with everything

yh it is actually i might cherry pick the best paragraphs

ooo can we see your final piece if you wouldnt mind

Quick Reply

Latest