The Student Room Group

How to get his attention??

I’m seeing a guy i (kinda) fancy tomorrow. We have a similar friendship group so sit close together and I need to take this opportunity to get his attention! I’ve already spoken to him but i need to take it up a level so he fancies me!

How can I subtlety get his attention more??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I’m seeing a guy i (kinda) fancy tomorrow. We have a similar friendship group so sit close together and I need to take this opportunity to get his attention! I’ve already spoken to him but i need to take it up a level so he fancies me!

How can I subtlety get his attention more??

Sit next to him and try talk to him one on one in the group, maybe flirt a little?
Touch his leg mid conversation

uhm maybe not, if you don't know him too much or isn't reciprocating your moves
Reply 4
Original post by hollyf24
Sit next to him and try talk to him one on one in the group, maybe flirt a little?

I dont know how to flirt!
Reply 5

Original post by dmears55
uhm maybe not, if you don't know him too much or isn't reciprocating your moves

Is that not a bit too much??
Is that not a bit too much??

No, not necessarily. You definitely shouldn’t make a big deal of it or touch his leg more than briefly but as long as it’s casual and it’s something you could theoretically have done on accident then it should be fine. If he looks at you like ’’wait what just happened’’ just look back and smile enigmatically a little bit.
Do the splits in a banana costume outside Tesco
Reply 8
I dont know how to flirt!

Hahahah idk either really :u:

Like be really interested in the conversation?
Smile and laugh
Maintain good eye contact
Maybe sit closer than you usually would, lean in a little more when speaking to him?

Smile and laugh
Maybe sit closer than you usually would, lean in a little more when speaking to him?

heard of this thing called covid???
you don't need to get his attention sis let him chase you
you don't need to get his attention sis let him chase you

what if he doesn't want to? It's 2021 women can chase after men.
what if he doesn't want to? It's 2021 women can chase after men.

what if does she look like a beg?
he hasn't expressed any interest in her
otherwise, why would she be trying?
maybe just try and talk to him more, make sure you look at him a lot or laugh at him if he makes a joke, if you look a lot he will prob look too, try get a conversation in, wear something really pretty , do something nice with your hair, i’m sure you’ll have lots of fun :smile:
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
No, not necessarily. You definitely shouldn’t make a big deal of it or touch his leg more than briefly but as long as it’s casual and it’s something you could theoretically have done on accident then it should be fine. If he looks at you like ’’wait what just happened’’ just look back and smile enigmatically a little bit.

I did this to him last week, very casually, so it’ll probably be a bit too obvious if i do it again right??

Smile and laugh

I think i naturally do these things anyway! yay
what if does she look like a beg?
he hasn't expressed any interest in her
otherwise, why would she be trying?

Im not sure if he likes me tbh, he has complimented me and i think he makes effort to sit with me, but not sure. He might be like this with every girl!
maybe just try and talk to him more, make sure you look at him a lot or laugh at him if he makes a joke, if you look a lot he will prob look too, try get a conversation in, wear something really pretty , do something nice with your hair, i’m sure you’ll have lots of fun :smile:

I have looked up and caught him looking at me so many times, does that mean he likes me? Honestly when i notice it i just think he must be thinking that i look bad, not good!
Im not sure if he likes me tbh, he has complimented me and i think he makes effort to sit with me, but not sure. He might be like this with every girl!

I have looked up and caught him looking at me so many times, does that mean he likes me? Honestly when i notice it i just think he must be thinking that i look bad, not good!

I think it’s fairly likely that he likes you on some level. He can’t be like this with every girl because sitting down with one girl (you) necessarily means he isn’t sitting down with most of the other girls :biggrin:

If you’re repeatedly catching him looking at you, he is enjoying looking at you. He wouldn’t keep looking at you otherwise!

I did this to him last week, very casually, so it’ll probably be a bit too obvious if i do it again right??

No, I wouldn’t think so. Guys are bad mind readers, it’s hard to be too obvious. It’ll probably make it clearer to him if it’s a pattern of behaviour rather than just a one-off event that could have been an accident. There’s really nothing wrong with showing interest; it’s unreasonable to expect him to show interest in you if you haven’t shown any in him :smile:

ms gurl- thats sexual assault. get his consent first !!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending