The Student Room Group

Muslim in sixform

This is kinda awkward for me but I’m a Muslim in yr11 and went to a all boy school. I’m going to a mixed six form and was wondering about some questions. I wanna do good in six form inshallah. I’m was wondering what to do if someone approaches me to go on a date and wants a relationship? Can the opposite sex just be friends? How do I act if I sit next to them? Please help me out I never talked to one lol 😂 just need advice

Scroll to see replies

you cant be serious
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
you cant be serious

I’m dead ass serious I’m too shy to ask anyone plus never been taught about it
Reply 3

The best thing you can do is just be yourself and act normal around them ig
pls i’ve seen the most religious boys lose their faith just because a pretty girl wants to date them.

Please please please please please please don’t be starstruck or something if a female does show some interest in you. Like don’t forget your whole identity and start acting like a whole other person.

Opposite sex in islam can’t be friends but i don’t think many of us adhere lol

If you sit next to a girl then just speak to them like another person lool? Don’t overthink it, we’re not robots i swear
(edited 2 years ago)

feel free to ask questions and i’ll try answer it. I cant speak for the whole female species tho but i’ll give my view as a female muslim
This is kinda awkward for me but I’m a Muslim in yr11 and went to a all boy school. I’m going to a mixed six form and was wondering about some questions. I wanna do good in six form inshallah. I’m was wondering what to do if someone approaches me to go on a date and wants a relationship? Can the opposite sex just be friends? How do I act if I sit next to them? Please help me out I never talked to one lol 😂 just need advice

Just act like you normally would with a guy

if your asked out say your not interested
Reply 7
Original post by sumayaaa
pls i’ve seen the most religious boys lose their faith just because a pretty girl wants to date them.

Please please please please please please don’t be starstruck or something if a female does show some interest in you. Like don’t forget your whole identity and start acting like a whole other person.

Opposite sex in islam can’t be friends but i don’t think many of us adhere lol

If you sit next to a girl then just speak to them like another person lool? Don’t overthink it, we’re not robots i swear

Cool I’ll try not to but what if we just click as humans then what?
Reply 8
Original post by the_pharaoh
Just act like you normally would with a guy

if your asked out say your not interested

I’m a quite person in general and think a lot about what I’m gonna say so what if it comes off wrong
Reply 9
I’m a quite person in general and think a lot about what I’m gonna say so what if it comes off wrong

Plus I always try to be respectful so what should I say

what's the worst that can happen?
Obv nowadays ppl get offended for no reason
but dont overthink just act normally like you would with guys
feel free to ask questions and i’ll try answer it. I cant speak for the whole female species tho but i’ll give my view as a female muslim

What makes dating haram? What if we are just friends and I become close because most people I have met in life have been nice to be
what's the worst that can happen?
Obv nowadays ppl get offended for no reason
but dont overthink just act normally like you would with guys

What if they find me rude or something then what should I not give a crap?
Let’s say first day of six form how should I greet people and get to know them also is giving my number to a female give off the wrong vibe cuz I don’t have socials
What if they find me rude or something then what should I not give a crap?

IF they find you rude just stop talking to them ig

plus yk there will still be guys at your school not only girls
Cool I’ll try not to but what if we just click as humans then what?

thennnn try keep it as halal as possible i guess. If you can’t resist the temptation to idk kiss them or something then stay in public areas and try not speaking privately
Idrk, i have a religious answer and i have a real answer (which technically isn’t right so i won’t give it)
thennnn try keep it as halal as possible i guess. If you can’t resist the temptation to idk kiss them or something then stay in public areas and try not speaking privately
Idrk, i have a religious answer and i have a real answer (which technically isn’t right so i won’t give it)

I feel like cuz I never been in the same class never talked kinda thing and I’m 16 it will hard whereas people that went mixed find it easier to resist. Don’t worry I ain’t going anywhere private lol where would I go anyways I’m in school 😂
IF they find you rude just stop talking to them ig

plus yk there will still be guys at your school not only girls

True I hope I meet similar people to what I have in secondary
What makes dating haram? What if we are just friends and I become close because most people I have met in life have been nice to be

One of the reasons why dating is haram is because it always leads onto sexual activities like kissing sex or whatever before marriage. Plus, from experiences of my friends, they don’t feel the same after relationships and always seek for validation and approval from others. Idk about you but I defo wouldn’t want to live my life like that.

In terms of being close with them, idk i’ve never had a close male friend. Being close with a female may tempt you onto other things or give you sexual thoughts but you do you. It doesn’t always end up that way but idrk what to say
One of the reasons why dating is haram is because it always leads onto sexual activities like kissing sex or whatever before marriage. Plus, from experiences of my friends, they don’t feel the same after relationships and always seek for validation and approval from others. Idk about you but I defo wouldn’t want to live my life like that.

In terms of being close with them, idk i’ve never had a close male friend. Being close with a female may tempt you onto other things or give you sexual thoughts but you do you. It doesn’t always end up that way but idrk what to say

Not only that but when you date someone at that age it's not like you have the intention to get married

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending