The Student Room Group

Psychology memory 2019/2020

--------
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonymousayyyy
Does anyone know what the 16 marker was for AQA memory psychology paper 1 in 2019 and 2020?

Hi,
I'm doing aqa psychology (GCSE) and we recently sat some exams. I don't know whether they were from the 2019 or 2020 papers, but hopefully I can still help :redface:
For memory, we just had to know about the multi store model of memory (one or two evaluation points), make up a study (the study basically needs to show whether info is best recalled where it is learned or elsewhere: e.g. two groups taught info in classroom, one recalls in class, other in playground, which does better?), evaluate Murdock's serial position curve study and then describe and evaluate Bartlett's war of the ghosts study.
Original post by user_5678
Hi,
I'm doing aqa psychology (GCSE) and we recently sat some exams. I don't know whether they were from the 2019 or 2020 papers, but hopefully I can still help :redface:
For memory, we just had to know about the multi store model of memory (one or two evaluation points), make up a study (the study basically needs to show whether info is best recalled where it is learned or elsewhere: e.g. two groups taught info in classroom, one recalls in class, other in playground, which does better?), evaluate Murdock's serial position curve study and then describe and evaluate Bartlett's war of the ghosts study.

Ah thank you so much! I probably should've mentioned that I'm doing Alevel psychology, nevertheless I will use this for practice revision and test myself in hope it may still come up, thanks again!
Ah thank you so much! I probably should've mentioned that I'm doing Alevel psychology, nevertheless I will use this for practice revision and test myself in hope it may still come up, thanks again!

Your welcome! :smile: Yeah, I had a feeling you'd be doing A-level and not GCSE. Glad it still helped though.
Does anyone know what the 16 marker was for AQA Alevel memory psychology paper 1 in 2019 and 2020?

Hey! Was just wondering if you found the answer as I’m looking for it too! Thanks
Original post by Emilyrose200287
Hey! Was just wondering if you found the answer as I’m looking for it too! Thanks

Nope, I haven't but I have the paper tomorrow so ill be sure to let you know after my exam :smile:!
Nope, I haven't but I have the paper tomorrow so ill be sure to let you know after my exam :smile:!

what is it
Original post by yazzy101
what is it

I sat the paper a couple of weeks ago and I remember that there was a 16 marker for Psychopathology about the Two-process model, if that helps!
Original post by Lydiamayy22
I sat the paper a couple of weeks ago and I remember that there was a 16 marker for Psychopathology about the Two-process model, if that helps!

hiiii im not doing psycho pathology what about approaches section also did u do that paper for year 12 mock or year 13
hiiii im not doing psycho pathology what about approaches section also did u do that paper for year 12 mock or year 13

I'm in year 13, so have just done the 2020 paper 1 for my final assessments.
Social influence 16 marker was on agentic state and legitimate authority and had a case study which you had to refer to. Attachment was discuss and outline caregiver- infant interactions. Memory some 8 marker was on research into duration of the different types of memory.
I haven't done paper 2 or 3, sorry!
I'm in year 13, so have just done the 2020 paper 1 for my final assessments.
Social influence 16 marker was on agentic state and legitimate authority and had a case study which you had to refer to. Attachment was discuss and outline caregiver- infant interactions. Memory some 8 marker was on research into duration of the different types of memory.
I haven't done paper 2 or 3, sorry!

thank you so do you have any other questions from memory specifically cus I have my mocks tomorrow im in year 12 u think they will use 2019 paper??
thank you so do you have any other questions from memory specifically cus I have my mocks tomorrow im in year 12 u think they will use 2019 paper??

This is the 2020 paper that I did. It might be useful to look at the 2021 resources AQA have provided on their website? Good luck!

Hi! have you done paper 3 for psychology?

No, I am sitting it next week though.

Hi have you done paper 2? If so do you remember anything of it

hi, i have the questions for paper 3 2020 and 2019 since my teacher sent me after our exams. what topics are you doing for paper 3 and do you need 2019/2020?
Original post by aliyahh10
hi, i have the questions for paper 3 2020 and 2019 since my teacher sent me after our exams. what topics are you doing for paper 3 and do you need 2019/2020?

Hey, I've got paper 3 2020 on Monday and am slightly stressing it. I'm doing schizophrenia, relationships and forensics. If you can help, it would be really appreciated.
relationships: social exchange theory multiple choice question ao1, outline rusbult's model of romantic relationships and explain one/more strength (8), ao2 study of filter theory, discuss filter theory of attraction (8)
schizophrenia: cultural relativism definition, suggest two ways in which researchers may reduce cultural bias in research, scenario question about psychic determinism, reductionism 16 marker
forensics: psychodynamic explanation for offending behaviour (8), ao2 scenario question about how an anger management therapist can help the patient, one strength and one limitation of anger management as a way of dealing with offending, discuss neural explanations for offending behaviour (8)
Original post by aliyahh10
relationships: social exchange theory multiple choice question ao1, outline rusbult's model of romantic relationships and explain one/more strength (8), ao2 study of filter theory, discuss filter theory of attraction (8)
schizophrenia: cultural relativism definition, suggest two ways in which researchers may reduce cultural bias in research, scenario question about psychic determinism, reductionism 16 marker
forensics: psychodynamic explanation for offending behaviour (8), ao2 scenario question about how an anger management therapist can help the patient, one strength and one limitation of anger management as a way of dealing with offending, discuss neural explanations for offending behaviour (8)

Hey, do you know the questions for attachment and social influence? Thanks
social influence: multiple choice question on informational social influence, scenario question about minority influence processes, how asch's conformity research shows one of these features of science: replicability, hypothesis testing, theory construction, legitimacy of authority and agentic state explanations 16 marker scenario question
attachment: knowing the different types of attachment, one way in which studies of attachment can be improved by using controlled observations, research into caregiver-infant interactions in humans (16)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending