The Student Room Group

Friend and his girlfriend?

My friend recently got into a relationship with a random girl he met at his work. She used to go there everyday, sometimes even twice a day and he was attracted to her and became hey-how-are-you buddies with her.
He used to stare a lot at her and kept saying how beautiful she is. He would give her preferential treatment which resulted in her asking him to hang out and he asked for he contact. A few days later, she gave him her number and they met up and started going out.
She's older than him (1991 born and he's 1997 born) but he has no issues at all. He's so enamored and enchanted by her that all he does is worship her. He isn't rich, does two jobs to support himself yet he buys her flowers, hair accessories as he "LOVES" her hair , jewellery and takes her out to dinners/lunches. He's posting their photos together too.

He acts like he can't believe she likes him enough to date him. She doesn't look so enchanted or thrilled as he is.

I liked him and we were close. We speak the same language, same culture yet he went for some random girl who isnt even from our country and culture. He always has to speak English with her when he's only had friends from our country and almost always speaks our native language.

He even improved some of his accent just to talk to her.

I'm very unhappy. I used to go and see him often at work and we would hang out after work too. Now he barely ever does as he clings onto her like a leech.

What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Absolutely nothing.
He has a girlfriend- why are you jealous?

Doesn’t sound like you’re much of a friend tbh.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
Absolutely nothing.

Doesn’t sound like your much of a friend tbh.

I like him that's why. I always thought we would have something as we have been friends with benefits. Them suddenly he got distracted by this one random girl and got desperate for her
Very strong “is this a crush or an obsession” “shop worker fancies me because he gave me a bag for my stuff that one time” vibe...
Original post by Anonymous
I like him that's why. I always thought we would have something as we have been friends with benefits. Them suddenly he got distracted by this one random girl and got desperate for her

That’s life I’m afraid- you didn’t make a move and now he’s found someone else.
Jealousy isn’t a good colour on a so called friend.
Reply 5
Absolutely nothing.

Doesn’t sound like your much of a friend tbh.

Also we were fwbs at one point. Not regular but sometimes.
Reply 6
That’s life I’m afraid- you didn’t make a move and now he’s found someone else.
Jealousy isn’t a good colour on a so called friend.

He would text me and meet up with me himself.
Also we were fwbs at one point. Not regular but sometimes.

So you caught feelings, he didn’t.
Friends with benefits rarely works out when one is more invested in the relationship than the other.

Try to be happy for your friend that he has found someone, and move on yourself.
Reply 8
So you caught feelings, he didn’t.
Friends with benefits rarely works out when one is more invested in the relationship than the other.

Try to be happy for your friend that he has found someone, and move on yourself.

The relationship sounds shallow at best???
The relationship sounds shallow at best???

As does yours with him if he’s willing to drop you as soon as he finds a girlfriend.
Again with the judging of your “friend”
As does yours with him if he’s willing to drop you as soon as he finds a girlfriend.
Again with the judging of your “friend”

Literally treating someone as a goddess is fake. It's not real. It looks really odd and he just seems really desperate and forced

Stop trying to control somebody else. Your jealousy is shining through.
Literally treating someone as a goddess is fake. It's not real. It looks really odd and he just seems really desperate and forced

That's his choice though. Stop being jealous, and move on. If he decides that he doesn't want that relationship, then he'll leave it himself.
Original post by cleveranimal56
That's his choice though. Stop being jealous, and move on. If he decides that he doesn't want that relationship, then he'll leave it himself.

He's so desperate for her that he won't leave her. He has was upset the other day and the moment he got off work, he went to meet her and went straight into her arms before he had a mental breakdown. His mate who was with him said he had to leave as he was obviously quite agitated and upset and wouldn't come out of the hug and he then proceeded to kiss her so obscenely that he had to leave.
This is just ridiculous

No,
You think it’s fake, you think he seems desperate and forced...

In reality you are judging him because you want him for yourself. If you actually thought this about him you wouldn’t even care.

So you make a choice whether you get over yourself and actually be a friend to your friend - or stop pretending that you are his friend and move on.
(edited 2 years ago)
He's so desperate for her that he won't leave her. He has was upset the other day and the moment he got off work, he went to meet her and went straight into her arms before he had a mental breakdown. His mate who was with him said he had to leave as he was obviously quite agitated and upset and wouldn't come out of the hug and he then proceeded to kiss her so obscenely that he had to leave.
This is just ridiculous

Well there’s something ridiculous-and it isn’t his relationship with his girlfriend that’s for sure...
Well there’s something ridiculous-and it isn’t his relationship with his girlfriend that’s for sure...

Who does this in public?
Who does this in public?

A lot of people. Especially those in the early stages of a relationship...
A lot of people. Especially those in the early stages of a relationship...

I think she's his emotional support tool tbh. And his trophy gf whom he can flaunt
I think she's his emotional support tool tbh. And his trophy gf whom he can flaunt

And I think she is his girlfriend (who should be able to be an emotional support for him) and you are just jealous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending