Not going to be able to sleep tonight

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have been trying to find someone to talk to like I live chat in real time, Samaritans did do a live chat, I used it on Friday or Thursday night but it's limited atm, I've tried to contact the mix as well but I waited ages and couldn't get a chat session. I prefer to chat online as I don't feel comfortable talking on the phone.

I have been feeling properly down like I just am. I have been having issues sleeping and I been miserable the passed few days. My family or friends I don't think they ll understand mental health issues and I only have a few friends who are more jokers. My family have their own issues to deal with, they are stress with other things and it won't be fair to add stress onto them with me.
Anonymous #1
Bump
relivemyyouth
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
First port of call should be to go and see your GP. If you are at uni, they will most likely have their own counselling service.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by relivemyyouth)
First port of call should be to go and see your GP. If you are at uni, they will most likely have their own counselling service.
I've been, several times and they aren't good. I went they said its normal teenage stress and I'm not in university
Anonymous #1
I'm in bed now, I'm struggling, I can't do this ****, I'm actually desperate for support, I'm really struggling, I'm sweating, I'm anxious and I just can't get to sleep at all. I just want to curl up and cry
Kabzzzy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm sorry to hear that. If there are no lines available for you, I'm happy to talk to you through PM if you'd like.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kabzzzy)
I'm sorry to hear that. If there are no lines available for you, I'm happy to talk to you through PM if you'd like.
I don't like tsr post, it's too slow and I hate it. I just want to talk but tsr post are so slow
Anonymous #1
*pms
Kabzzzy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't like tsr post, it's too slow and I hate it. I just want to talk but tsr post are so slow
I'm afraid I can't really help you then, we're not allowed to use external sites here as you probably know.
Do keep trying the online services. Have you tried ones that are based in other timezones? IDK if it makes any difference but perhaps more volunteers will be available earlier in the day elsewhere.
Sophie_Nanase
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I hope you're alright? Do you have discord, it does well to talk to friendly strangers at times if TSR is too slow
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sophie_Nanase)
Hi, I hope you're alright? Do you have discord, it does well to talk to friendly strangers at times if TSR is too slow
I don't have discord, do you have Instagram?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kabzzzy)
I'm afraid I can't really help you then, we're not allowed to use external sites here as you probably know.
Do keep trying the online services. Have you tried ones that are based in other timezones? IDK if it makes any difference but perhaps more volunteers will be available earlier in the day elsewhere.
I'm unsure, I might try to join the mix waiting room but it's late
Sophie_Nanase
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I don't have discord, do you have Instagram?
I doooo but gotta play it safe for now ya now, how about you dm me on TSR for now? I'm gonna be up for a little while
Anonymous #1
I doooo but gotta play it safe for now ya now, how about you dm me on TSR for now? I'm gonna be up for a little while
I might make a discord
Sophie_Nanase
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I might make a discord
Good plan, there'll be tonnes of people to talk to, but make sure you join one that has rooms specifically for talking about mental health, loneliness etc.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Attachment 1019908
Sophie_Nanase
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm not sure if you meant to send an image or not, either way I cannot access it
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
I'm not sure if you meant to send an image or not, either way I cannot access it
Oh sorry basically it’s a free mental health service where u text Shout to 85258 which is anonymous and confidential and I thought it would help ! )
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Oh sorry basically it’s a free mental health service where u text Shout to 85258 which is anonymous and confidential and I thought it would help ! )
* SHOUT to 85258
Sophie_Nanase
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm not the one who needs it, but thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (47)
15.02%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (101)
32.27%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (39)
12.46%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (27)
8.63%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.43%
I think it's an unfair expectation (79)
25.24%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.96%

Watched Threads