The Student Room Group

Leeds or Birmingham for Law LLB???

Is Leeds University or Birmingham University better for Law LLB?? I can’t make my mind up which one to firm and I wanted to hear everyone else’s input!!

Overall I am having the impression that Leeds is better as its top 10 for Law across the UK whilst Birmingham is 15th top- but different websites have very different and misleading viewpoints and I am really confused. Which is better in employability or likely to be preferred more over by top law firms? Especially I’m thinking US law firms or magic circle or silver?

I don’t mind going to whichever as I like the way both Universities are- but I want to make sure I go to the “better” one in respect.

Please and thank you in advance!!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by loretakate
Is Leeds University or Birmingham University better for Law LLB?? I can’t make my mind up which one to firm and I wanted to hear everyone else’s input!!

Overall I am having the impression that Leeds is better as its top 10 for Law across the UK whilst Birmingham is 15th top- but different websites have very different and misleading viewpoints and I am really confused. Which is better in employability or likely to be preferred more over by top law firms? Especially I’m thinking US law firms or magic circle or silver?

I don’t mind going to whichever as I like the way both Universities are- but I want to make sure I go to the “better” one in respect.

I think Leeds is better for law cause it’s higher in the rankings plus I think it’s closer to the London scene. Also it’s considered the second law-Business center after london, and many firms have their regional/national offices there. If I don’t get into kings I’m firming Leeds.
Original post by loretakate

I think Leeds is more respectable that so many people are applying now and so those who come from the uni are being considered 'better' than others, because of how difficult it is to get into !! x
The fact that the uni has the most applicants says a lot for itself! Also, its a Russel Group uni, with the closest links to London in terms of Law. Of course information about the 'best' university is subjective. But I also know that Birmingham are well known for lowering their offers too, again making them slightly less reputable.
leeds is better for law. it’s also a nice city. if i wasn’t going to nottingham i’d go there
Wait I read it in an article
I’ll try to find it
But it was in a newspaper thing.
I think Manchester and Leeds are equivalent except Manchester does better on international rankings.
Original post by kelseyypearce
The fact that the uni has the most applicants says a lot for itself! Also, its a Russel Group uni, with the closest links to London in terms of Law. Of course information about the 'best' university is subjective. But I also know that Birmingham are well known for lowering their offers too, again making them slightly less reputable.

What is the application to offer ratio for Leeds?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by kelseyypearce

how does this make Leeds special compared to literally any other RG tho. many RGs exaggerate offers.

what on earth are you lot talking about when you talk about "links to London". most Leeds students come from a variety of background and end up practising in the North, not in London. are you a Leeds student or sthing
yeah I meant it in a social sense with parties and stuff
I mean location wise Birmingham is closer to London so it’s probably easier to commute.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending